Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-11-2016, 10:53 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 06:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 06:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 05:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Why don't YOU run, classic? Trump has prepared the way for you. Seth Myers, John Oliver and Bill Maher will have as much fun with you as they have with the orange-haired menace.
I would love the opportunity to have a serious go at Bill Maher. Bill Maher wouldn't know what to do with me. I would turn that liberal minded twit inside out. First of all, I would remind him that he's a comedian and he's not an expert on anything very important or anything that really matters to fully mature adults.
I think voting matters, and the issues he deals with.

Quote: Second, I would verbally push him a bit on his Atheist views and give him a small glimpse as to what someone is like who is actually connected to a higher power.
How would you demonstrate that? Say a prayer and then give him a powerful karate Chop Chop?

Quote: Third, I would remind him that he's a life long bachelor who's never been responsible for the advancement or care of another human life his entire adult male life. No, I'd have him on the defensive from the start. I would make fun of his insecurity as it relates to religious people. I would poke at and make fun of his bigoted views. I would bring up his use of insults and verbally smash him for being a bigot. I would also suggest that making millions must lend to the complete disregard and disdain that he displays for regular folks. I would completely tear him apart and he would never be as popular as he was before meeting me. I could hold my own and do damage to the image of any one of them.

I doubt it. They'd make as much mince meat of you as they do of Trump, since you have the same illusions and prejudices. You call him a bigot, and he'd smack you on the head with your own black kettle.

I have to give plaudits to Seth Myers over the other two, because he's on broadcast media and can't depend on or resort to obscene words to get some of his laughs.
It's easy to make mince meat of people who aren't there to directly counter them and defend themselves. The task of making mince meat of someone or some group becomes much harder face to face in a real life setting with a real life crowd. I would destroy the credibility of Bill Maher on his own stage in front of his own crowd by exploiting his obvious lack of character, lack of knowledge and emotional weakness's. Bill Maher is to much of an idiot to understand that most people who support Republicans do it because idiots like him are now viewed as being the ones who are in control of the Democrats. If you can't see that money speaks louder on your side than it does on the right then you're blind.

We often have some distance between ourselves and some bad guys. It's just as well.

Demographic evidence suggests that well-educated people -- even well-educated white people who used to voting reliably Republican as a group -- are turning against him as he begins to scare people with his bigotry and calls just underneath the surface for violence and revenge.

Donald Trump may not be a directly evil person in the sense that one considers Ted Bundy, Al Capone, Ken Lay, or Saddam Hussein evil, but he has unleashed a destructive whirlwind. In that he falls short of a responsibility that one expects of competent adults that we expect in leaders.

The intelligent people (if one uses education as a proxy for intelligence, as nobody polls politics against IQ, the usual measure of intelligence) -- even white educated people who used to vote reliably Republican -- show signs of rejecting Donald Trump. White educated people are now voting their cultural values, and educated white people have more in common with educated Asians, Hispanics, and blacks in culture than they have with under-educated white people.

Intelligent people do not like violence. Republicans used to refrain from calling for violence against political opponents. Donald Trump has broken that barrier, and he stands to lose in a landslide in part for that. Political violence is uttersly un-American, which may explain why the KKK has a hard time in America.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,895 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,578 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,238 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,654 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,993 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green