Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-05-2016, 01:59 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 01:55 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:16 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 10:29 PM)Galen Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 09:37 PM)taramarie Wrote: It was certainly not self absorbed to give people more civil rights like for women such as myself. Heck even men as they can now go into jobs that were considered "women's work" back in the day. They gave us more freedom culturally. People who want to go back to older days when a mans place was ...... or a woman's place was ..... are insane and will hopefully die off. I will not have my rights taken away from me. People should be allowed to do whatever they wish. It is not self absorbed to give equal rights to people. You are just seeing it through the eyes of a child who went through it at the worst possible time. But the result meant future generations could enjoy that freedom. I am seeing it through the eyes of a child who experienced it after the dust had settled and i could enjoy more freedom than what earlier generations had experienced and I deeply appreciate it.

Choices have consequences and they are not always good.  For what you see as good coming from the Awakening there were even more negative consequences.  Maybe in New Zealand it may have played out but that isn't true in the US.  For one thing the Boomers flat refusal to understand economic consequences is still playing out.  I suspect that choices will become more constrained as the last fifty years of fiscal mismanagement land on our heads.  The Boomers will refuse to accept any responsibility and demand that we pay for their retirement.

Of course choices do not always end up with a positive outcome, but it should be our right to have that option. Yes, of course. It broke up the family, and financial security. I can see that. But we should have that freedom. My dream would have been unattainable if i were in the 50's right now.

Imagine being part of an entire generation that to this day still has to deal with the consequences.  Trust me on this, you do not want to do damage control for another generation of very short-sighted people.  You are too young to know this but that is pretty much what the Boomers were saying to everyone else at the time.  You may not suffer the negative consequences but someone down the line might.  Consider that thought carefully, it may spare you some regrets in the coming decades.

So do you think we women should go back into the kitchen and not pursue our dreams while men go back to jobs that are traditionally meant for men...essentially the old 1T? That is not realistically attainable financially I hope you realize.

The Boomers did not consider the effects of what they were doing on anyone else.  It simply didn't matter to them.  As for the financial difficulties you refer to, that is one of the nasty little consequences of their attempt to create a utopia.  I am not recommending any particular course of action.  I am trying to get you to consider why did traditional gender roles arise and why the dysfunction you consider to be normal now was rare until the sixties.  Once you know why traditional culture worked you may be able do better than the Boomers did for generations to follow without having to sacrifice too much.  Maybe you can avoid creating another Generation X.

I am trying to get you to think about more than the immediate consequences.  Trust me, this is a crucial skill.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,923 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,578 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,654 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,003 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green