Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-05-2016, 05:41 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:36 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:22 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 04:44 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 04:20 AM)Galen Wrote: Fewer than the ones that were screwed up in the seventies.  Even the Boomers that were in a good situation rebelled as hard as that may be for you to understand because it just what they did.  They really think that they can shape the world arbitrarily with no consquences.  They are going to spend their Golden Years denying they did anything wrong because the truth is too terrible for them to accept.  Boomers don't ask questions which I suspect is because they are afraid they won't like the answers.  For Generation X sometimes questions are all we have, there are very few certainties for us.

Take it from an Xer, sometimes you only get to choose from bad or worse.  Judging from the statistics after the sixties, the Boomers have fucked up far more people, per capita, than the Lost or the GIs ever did.  I judge them from their results. Truth is, I got far better advice from them then I ever did from the Boomers.

Only through uncertainty can understanding come.  You may be far too certain about things for your own good.  Only time will tell if I am right about that. In the end it always does.

" You may be far too certain about things for your own good.  Only time will tell if I am right about that. In the end it always does." You know me. I listen to both sides of the story and come to the best conclusion I can come up with. I always listen to both sides. Which is why i have so many fights with Eric. Because for him it is always listen to ME AND ONLY ME FOR I HAVE THE ANSWERS FOR ALL BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS RIGHT! Per capita yes of course Lost and GIs would be better than boomers. Some boomers knew no better. Even us millies and the gen xers have learned from hard times to be more careful with money so I have read. But that also is due to broken families, many have no jobs, living at home with parents, and so they literally have no money to spend. Some are saving for homes. Here in NZ we cannot afford homes especially in Auckland (housing crisis). We bus to save money because we cannot afford cars. Yes I also read this too. Hard times early in life teach you some wonderful things to just be careful with your money. That may save us in time. I have seen reckless spending in older folk. My mother is a fine example of credit card spending beyond her means.

As for "They really think that they can shape the world arbitrarily with no consequences.  They are going to spend their Golden Years denying they did anything wrong because the truth is too terrible for them to accept.  Boomers don't ask questions which I suspect is because they are afraid they won't like the answers."

To them it felt needed at the time. They saw injustice and saw what was needed to balance things out culturally. We all in our youth see what is needed at the time. That was needed in their time as far as they were concerned. For the positive of their result i am grateful to them. We know money is not everything. It sure does help out but who are we to keep people together who do not want to be just for financial security? Is that not selfish? I have no excuse for their generation for reckless spending without reflecting on the dire consequences other than the fact it is generational forgetting, greed and impatience. Many thought good times would always be good. We learned earlier on than them that is not always the case going through the worst recession since the great depression.Plus here in NZ city shattering quakes on top of it. We had it worse here especially. So I learned very quickly at a young age for which I am grateful.

What you see as positive result came at great cost and not just in terms of money.  Generation X has paid and is still paying that bill.  Millies are too but they don't really understand how high that price is.  It is a bill that the Boomers are busy trying to avoid that bill.

I wonder if you can guess what America's greatest cultural flaw is?

Lets see...greed, deception, propaganda (included in deception) tribalism (created partly due to deception). Hmm yeah thinking about it i would say deception. It is a great tool to separate then conquer for power, cultural and financial. Yes everything has its positive and negative consequence. Never denied that there were no negative consequence. Only that there was positives but to reverse it would be impossible culturally.

No.  Its an obsession with fairness.

It's hilarious when one's clamor for the 1950s is based on the unfairness of today's issue of fairness.

White male entitlement may be blind but it sure is funny.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,608 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,646 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,943 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green