Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-09-2016, 04:31 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:24 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 03:18 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 05:12 PM)Odin Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 12:13 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: If everyone seemed like an asshole to him, he wouldn't be able to single out the vegans and bicyclists.

He claimed that every vegan is a "militant vegan", which is a good indicator that he's a jerk who pisses people off and then turns around and accuses them of being easily offended fanatics.

I see that you still have reading comprehension issues.  I have yet to meet anything other than a militant vegan which leaves open the possibility, unlikely as it seems, of meeting one that isn't.

Perhaps the culture is very different in your part of the world, but I can't recall encountering a vegan who tried to convert me in an aggressive or irritating way.  The issue just isn't on my radar.  This does make me wonder if the cultures are that different or whether you are more sensitive to the issue than I.

I'll throw out the idea that partisan thinkers aren't very tolerant?  At least the partisan thinkers on these boards?  Here, I'm a member of that obnoxious boomer class of humanoids that is much hated and detested.  I don't have that problem at all in the real world, any more than I have with vegans.  Are we just attracting haters?

I have seen vegans like that so I know what he means. What do you mean you are a member of the obnoxious boomer class of humanoids that is hated and detested? What for? Being a boomer? I have heard elsewhere that forums like this one attract haters. Which is why many moved elsewhere.

Yep...  for being a boomer.  Many boomers are intense and idealistic.  Some younger folk are tired of it, and blame boomer stubborn partisan idealism for the inability of government to get anything done.  There is some truth in it, but the partisan stagnation goes across the generation boundaries.  The generations might have different styles of making sure nothing gets done, but we're all in it.

I know about generation gaps.  In my youth, a famous blue boomer motto was "Don't trust anyone over thirty.", meaning the GIs and Silents.  When we were up in arms about gender, race, peace and the environment, the elders who tolerated and pushed the status quo were seen as responsible for the status quo, deserving of blame and scorn.  The classic awakening generation gap was blue boomer vs GI.

But these days the awakening divide has shifted into red and blue, rural and urban.  There are red and blue folks in all age groups.  I'd rather focus on red / blue differences than age groups.  Perhaps the younger folks are seeing the Boomers as being the senior in charge generation and thus are to blame for existing problems and lack of action, much as we used to view the GIs.

But I see the generation hate far more here than in the real world.  Keep an eye out and you'll see it.  I'm not out to point fingers or name names.  Perhaps someone into generation hate will step forward and give you a demonstration.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,117 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,620 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,248 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,659 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,040 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green