Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-10-2016, 01:22 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 01:11 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 09:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Having worked in retail soon after graduating from college (d@mned undiagnosed Asperger's!), I can tell you that retail sales clerks are among the laziest, stupidest, materialistic, and hollowest people that you will ever meet in the workplace. Those who don't fit that pattern simply took the job in desperation and believe that it is easier to get a job elsewhere if one can work nights and weekends (employers find such people hard to find and will accommodate that) and interview for jobs by day. Some go into the work saying things like "I don't want to be a mere office clerk or assembly-line worker"... and three months later they are happy that they got a job as an office clerk or an assembly-line worker. Turnover is high enough that someone can often get into a low-level managerial job (with similar pay and more responsibility) within a year. But being a 'manager trainee' means little on a curriculum vitae. People who have any intellectual substance or work ethic don't stay on that job for long. "Office clerk" has more promise for someone with a college degree.

Id you wonder why the traditional department store has practically disappeared in America (Kohl's, one of the biggest chains in America, has gone to a grocery-style checkout, which may be good for thwarting shoplifting) ... it's because American shoppers have caught on. If you want good advice on merchandise at Wal*Mart, then ask a fellow customer.

I work retail.  I work for a mid-size company that buys and sells books, games, music, movies, toys, comics and collectibles.  I am in charge of the book section, and we have a fairly large one in our store, thousands of titles.  I have a bachelor's degree in history.  It's not a prestigious or high paying job, but I like what I do.  I don't want an office job, sitting at a desk all day long, getting fatter and more unhealthy, doing boring repetitive work and seeing only the same few faces every day (whom I may or may not even like).  I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an assembly line worker.  I love books, love to see new titles and interesting things people bring in to sell.  I get to move around all day, shifting and shelving merchandise and keeping relatively fit, and occasionally do creative stuff like build and arrange my own displays.  A lot of families come into my store, and it's fun to help kids find the books and toys they want and show them books I liked as a kid.  I suppose I am not a terribly ambitious person, but I don't think I am "lazy, stupid, materialistic, and hollow."  And I like the majority of people I work with, thanks in large part due to shared interests related to the merchandise we sell.  Only a small minority over the years have proven to be dishonest. 

The irony of you writing that ignorant passage immediately following a criticism of Galen's prejudice against vegans.  "What people say about the rest of humanity as a whole says what that person is himself." 

Sorry everyone, had to get that off my chest.  Carry on with your Trump vs Clinton, red/blue divide conversation.

Btw i understand you getting it off your chest. It was totally called for. Hopefully it will educate a certain someone.

There is not much chance of that is there.

You have to live near the People's Republic of Portland to understand my problems with the vegans and bicyclists.  Its a more intense version of the left's virtue signaling.  Probably why I like the Seventh-Day Adventists better, they just obsess about the end of the world which I find much less annoying.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,941 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,655 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,005 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green