Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-10-2016, 04:30 AM)Galen Wrote: The Earth's temperature has varied by far more than the global warming people are whining about long before man ever showed up on the scene.  In the seventies no doubt you were whining about the impending ice age that everyone was predicting that strangely never happened.
The global warming debate is over. We had a whole thread on it, which I didn't even start. If you didn't read it, that is not my problem if you are still a denier. It just shows your level of awareness.

Quote:The funny thing about this graph is that the phrase global warming was replaced with climate change.  The policy prescription is always the same no matter what is used to make people panic: tax and regulate the shit out everyone.  
The funny thing is deniers keep mentioning that terminology change as if it meant something; as if terminology change was more important than climate change. That you fall for it shows how obtuse you really are. And we need to tax and regulate, but you guys seem to identity "everyone" with the oil and coal companies. Are you a gas company employee, or what Galen? What do you do up in Portlandia? Most folks there are well-informed. What are you doing in such an environmentally-aware, blue state? Why not move to Idaho and hang out with your own kind? There's lots of other deniers there, and a lot fewer vegans and bike riders. You might like it there better. They go out and hunt lots of meat there, and drive lots of gas-guzzling trucks. They guy here who thinks a lot like you, but is slightly-more of a gentleman, at least walks his talk. He lives out in the country, while you apparently hang out a lot in a city and get all bothered by all the liberals there.

Quote:You are an idiot if you think that pushing people around isn't going to generate this kind of response.  Add some economic stress and it gets even worse.  I have known quite a few southerners, nice people in general until you start fucking with them.  I don't recommend you going there because they will not react well to your smug self-righteous attitude.
In case you hadn't noticed (lol) I hadn't planned on going there. I don't think "pushing people around" is the best persuasive technique, but your definition includes regulations and taxes, so "pushing people" doesn't mean anything when YOU say it. Pay your freakin' taxes and stfu about it.

Quote:I don't agree with them in many respects but they aren't a problem because I don't do things to them for their own good and I don't treat them like idiots the way you would.  Funny how easy it is to get along with people who mind their own business.
Yeah, just let the rich and powerful screw up the world for the rest of us. No, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for enough people to think like you and do nothing.

(09-10-2016, 02:26 AM)Galen Wrote: The militant vegans have problems with Christianity as so many on the left do and so will not take advice from the Adventists. Which is why so many of them fuck up their health in the way the Seventh Day Adventists don't. Seattle is crowded and expensive, approaching San Francisco and Los Angeles levels. The Tri-County area is rapidly heading that way for much the same reasons with the added attraction of the Urban Growth Boundary. It really isn't all its cracked up to be except the crime rates are relatively low because of the concealed weapon permit holders. The muggers and car jackers hae a pretty hard time of it these days.

Talk about "none of my business." I don't care whether vegans screw up their health or not. It's up to them to find the path that works for them, both personally and for the planet. Maybe YOU are the one trying to push Christianity on THEM and giving them advice; I don't know what your problem is with them. If they push eating advice on to you, why not just politely say no thank you and go about YOUR business, and just let them try to push people around if they wanna? Especially if you are so sure it doesn't work! LIVE AND LET LIVE! I am past the time where I try to convert fundamentalist Christians away from their ways. If they want to try to convert me, let them. Good luck, pal; I say to them! Myself, I don't give anyone hell. I just speak the truth, as well as I know it, and some people THINK it's hell! Thank you Harry.

What you individualists don't understand is that you are not an individual. Now THAT's basic physics. Or just try to live without eating and breathing, or even being conscious. YOU ARE THE EARTH. ALL of it! You are part and parcel of others, and to deny that is the act of the ultimate denier. "Just mind your own business" is literally the attitude of an idiot. Put your head back in the sand, Galen. And when all else fails, say something stupid about guns and divert the topic into that never-ending debate!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 09-10-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,961 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,243 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,018 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green