Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
Global Zero

Sent to me by Global Zero Action.

Hi team,

I wanted to make sure you saw this kick-ass announcement from Meredith below.

Global Zero Action is taking on Trump with everything we've got - because there's nothing more terrifying than imagining this man with access to the red button.

If you want to help, sign up now to be on our social media rapid response team, chip in to this new effort, and stay tuned for future updates.

—Zack Deutsch-Gross

Dear Eric,

I wanted you to know first:

We’re taking our gloves off and we’re taking on Trump.

We’re starting a new campaign -- #NoRedButton -- to confront Trump and the grave nuclear threat he represents to America and the world.

Trump reportedly asked a foreign policy advisor three times in a single one-hour meeting, “Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?” As if nukes were just a super-sized grenade, Trump’s hinted at combating ISIS by “fight[ing] back with a nuke” and encouraged Japan and South Korea to nuke-up too. Trump also refuses to rule out nuking Europe (saying “it’s a big place”) or the Middle East (“someday, maybe.”).

Given Trump’s penchant for threatening nuclear hell, combined with his proximity to the White House, there isn’t a graver danger or greater moral obligation than stopping him right now.

To be honest, we debated starting this campaign (which necessitated starting a new advocacy arm, Global Zero Action). I've led many Global Zero campaigns over the years, and never before have we chosen sides in an election. We prided ourselves, and still do, on our broad and nonpartisan membership — with support from many eminent political and military leaders from both sides of the aisle.

But the threat of Trump is too great. He doesn’t represent a party -- he represents a nightmare. Leaders and experts from across the political spectrum recognize this. And they're denouncing Trump on account of his dangerous nuclear rhetoric.

Trump is also vulnerable when it comes to nukes. Recent election research shows that independent swing voters in 13 battleground states believe Trump's finger on the nuclear red button represents an unacceptable risk.1Another very recent finding by MoveOn showed that men over the age of 30 who watched their new video about Trump's finger on the nuclear button were 7 percentage points more likely to ditch their Trump vote.2 With national polling so tight, those margins really, really matter.

If we make enough noise, if we truly raise the volume on the danger a nuclear-armed Trump, we can stop him.

>>> Sign up NOW to join our Rapid Response Social Media Team to Stop Trump from ever getting near the red button. <<<

And while I am terribly scared of Trump, I’ll give him some credit. Trump has created an historic opening for our movement: Never before in my lifetime have more Americans been this worried about nukes. We can seize this moment and make real nuclear reform a pivotal part of this election and the next President’s agenda.

To be honest, this isn’t just about stopping Trump. We expect much more from Clinton. While Hillary Clinton has hammered Trump on nukes, she’s been virtually silent on what she would do to create a world that’s safe from the thousands of nuclear weapons that have cast a shadow over all of us for more than 70 years. 70 years, and our world still stares out at the nuclear abyss. In a sense, that’s far more maddening than listening to Trump’s crazy nuke talk.

Our new No Red Button campaign needs your help, ASAP. We’re getting ready to unleash viral “memes,” sharp new videos, and other knock-out digital content to tip the conversation in the real world.

We’re looking to connect with 100 people who can share content on Facebook and social media 2-3 times a week, and really help us break through the noise.

>>> Will you join our key Social Media Team devoted to stopping Trumpageddon? Sign up here! <<<

We are also unleashing our national field power, activating grassroots chapters around the country, taking over the op-ed sections and headlines of local and national papers, and preparing #NoRedButton actions all over the campaign trail. We’re not holding back.

We know what it takes to end the reign of the red button -- audacity and diplomacy. Not bombasity and double speak.

Let’s get to work,

Meredith Horowski
Global Zero Action

PS: Making this new politically-edgy campaign means we’ve got to find whole new funding sources. If you can help us fuel this new effort, we’d deeply appreciate it. Please note, though, that these donations are not eligible for tax deductions.

1. New Findings Show Highly Competitive Presidential Race in Swing States, and Effective Strategies for Using Trump’s Vulnerabilities to Engage Progressive and Swing Voters [PDF], Lake Research Partners, July 6 2016
2. Moveon.org’s New Red Button Video Convincing Men over 30 to Ditch Trump Vote, Moveon, Sep 12 2016

Global Zero Action is a 501©(4) organization that is committed to keeping Trump far, far away from the nuclear Red Button, and to confronting the absolutely devastating power that comes with it.​

Sent by GLOBAL ZERO ACTION | 1342 Florida Avenue NW | Washington, DC 20009 USA
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 09-21-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,612 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,608 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,822 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,647 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,944 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green