Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a feeling that today (or yesterday) is probably a huge generational shift.
(01-11-2021, 09:19 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: The putsch of Trump supporters,  had it succeeded in its objective, would have established a Trump dictatorship. 

Jan 6 was not a putsch, it was not a coup, and had it 'succeeded' it would have resulted in precisely nothing.  To count it as an actual threat is to believe that establishing Chaz was equivalent to the South seceding.  Neither event had the actors involved who were remotely close to having the ability to grab hold of and maintain control over the levers of power and both were easily suppressed once the actual powers in this country chose to do so.  The one thing both groups learned is that their actions will only be tolerated as long as they don't impact our betters (cf: what happened to Chaz after they marched on the mayor's house).  

I'm in agreement with Warren that thinking of this as a Republican v. Democrat battle is a fallacy.  The real ideological split that is threatening to break is within the Democrat party itself.  There was a reason the establishment dragged Biden out of retirement to run.  There is a reason neither he nor Pelosi plan to continue their political careers past the next 2-4 years.  Revolutionary eras always begin with an attempt to compromise, which is exactly what the Biden-Harris administration was positioned as.  A sharp divide runs down the middle of the democrat base, as seen by how Biden's win did nothing to lessen ongoing protests.  Unless he can manage to stabilize the center (the true center, not just the Center-left) and exert firm control over the party's more extremist elements, this is the likely true battle of the 4T and how it will play out is anyone's guess.  

That we have yet to see the emergence of a true Visionary leader that will layout a plan for America's future is concerning.  Most of the proposals being discussed are just variations on the continual late 3T to 4T subjects of healthcare, gun control and climate change.  No great ideal, bigger picture, or inspiring slogan.

Although, I recognize I could be 100% wrong and the Crisis is nearing it's conclusion.  In which case, I'm kind of happy that this was as bad as the Civil War 2.0 got.  I can live with people being banned from twitter as the worst consequence because, within about 10 years, our lovely little artists will start telling us how wrong we are to do that and begin opening society up again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a feeling that today (or yesterday) is probably a huge generational shift. - by mamabug - 01-11-2021, 07:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Common Mistakes People Make with Generational Theory JasonBlack 15 2,678 10-16-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Common social dynamics between generational archetypes JasonBlack 1 609 07-23-2022, 10:06 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Generational Struggles with Parents JasonBlack 0 622 05-18-2022, 01:53 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  How well do you relate to each of the generational archetypes JasonBlack 2 917 03-22-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Generational Boundaries and Movies Anthony '58 1 1,006 12-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Can Generational Boundaries Shift Over Time? Anthony '58 3 2,641 06-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green