Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-17-2016, 04:07 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 03:55 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 03:51 AM)taramarie Wrote: Yes and no because quite often i have created something and people interpret in a way which made me look twice at my work Because even i had no intended it to have a meaning that someone else got out of it. Which always fascinates meas it tells me something about that person. Not sure as to why he hates that music. Maybe he just has certain tastes. Who knows. I also like him like my happier upbeat music...but that was the era i grew up in and it is nostalgic for me. However i have grown to like music that would make his hair fall out too! For me i am a mix of both. Happier music helps me to relax and remember good times and the other helps me to understand the current misery i am going through with my mother's debt and the recession hitting NZ hard as well as the earthquake disaster that is ongoing here.

He knows why he doesn't like it but he can't face the reason for its existence.  It would require more exposure to reality than he can ever deal with.
Well I tried to explain to him why it is necessary for it to sound the way that it sounds but he either did not understand or just puts his taste before everything else. He wanted to make it more "beautiful and melodic." I said that would take away the point to the songs. Smdh. It amazes me that he too is an artist like myself but does not understand this. He truly is an idealist. I mean I may not understand the meaning to something an xer would understand like earlier...but at least i understand the sound, image and feel to the song is portraying a message that wants to be heard and understood (as well as what we individually can interpret to mean).

Remember the demographic they were trying to appeal to at the time.  Happy sixties optimism just wasn't going to work with people dealing with the consequences of what he sees as idealism.  Eric the Obtuse is a tyrant who doesn't have the stones to admit what he is.  People and art are simply objects to be molded to his desires.  As a former Buddhist monk I know is fond of saying, "Desire is the root of all evil."
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,648 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 398,453 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green