Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
I generally like Talking Heads, as I said before. I think they are genuinely innovative. But they probably have not done any songs I would pick for the title "best ever." The same applies to Devo, as I also said before. On the contrary Clueless; I like "Whip it"

"I said that would take away the point to the songs. Smdh. It amazes me that he too is an artist like myself but does not understand this. He truly is an idealist. I mean I may not understand the meaning to something an xer would understand like earlier...but at least i understand the sound, image and feel to the song is portraying a message that wants to be heard and understood" Nonsense. Art does not have to be ugly and sound like fingernails on a blackboard in order to "portray a message." I could care less about a message portrayed that hurts my ears and sensibilities. Bob Dylan knew how to do it right; even Justin Bieber knows how to do it right.

I wanted to give taramarie credit when I said I don't believe she really would choose songs by Disturbed as the best ever. I wanted to believe better. I believe her now; she obviously meant it sincerely, as did the Ragged one. And I liked her unicorn song choice. So, people make both good and bad choices, in anyone's opinion; mine or hers.

I take no credit for any songs I choose. All credit goes to the artists and composers. I enjoy them and the worlds they create. They are great; they are worth sharing. I am just the DJ.

Galen is just politically wrong. That colors everything he says about me. In my view, the lack of and betrayal of idealism is what went wrong, generally-speaking; not the consequences of it. But in music, I am interested ONLY in quality, and that is synonymous with beauty, melody, harmony, counterpoint, rhythm, imagination, sound, ambience and atmosphere, lyrics, vocal styling, inspiration; all the things that make music great. Whether the words or "message" is idealistic or cynical is almost beside the point. You know what my #1 rock song is, for example. I'll get to it pretty soon.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 06-17-2016, 04:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,386 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 396,738 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green