Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-17-2016, 05:34 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 04:39 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Galen is just politically wrong. That colors everything he says about me. In my view, the lack of and betrayal of idealism is what went wrong, generally-speaking; not the consequences of it. But in music, I am interested ONLY in quality, and that is synonymous with beauty, melody, harmony, counterpoint, rhythm, imagination, sound, ambience and atmosphere, lyrics, vocal styling, inspiration; all the things that make music great. Whether the words or "message" is idealistic or cynical is almost beside the point. You know what my #1 rock song is, for example. I'll get to it pretty soon.

I have run into many pieces of music that are well executed but don't really do anything for me.  They must connect with something in the psyche otherwise it is just noise.
I agree; me too.

Quote:  I rather liked this long before I ever encountered you  but it did connect with something that I was never before able to put into words.  Those ideas sum you up nicely.  A pity you can't understand it.

It's a pretty good song. You should listen to me because I am usually correct. That's a pretty good reason.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 06-17-2016, 12:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,588 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 397,842 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green