Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-18-2016, 12:26 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 12:10 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 02:42 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 05:44 AM)Galen Wrote: Taramarie those were some good choices.  I have to get some sleep so I will leave you with this something that I listened to quite a bit.  I am curious to  if you can figure out why.

Too much listening to bias "proof" and calling it expert and not being objective. We are lost pawns to "the man." No one cares and we are on our own.

Those are the messages I could decipher from it anyway listening to the lyrics.

Not bad but you missed one very important aspect of it.  No matter how much you think that you know or plan the unknown will always trip you up.  Always an important thing to consider.  None of this is an exact science and you have done well.

Ah that is a very good lesson. Yes it is something i struggle with. Reason being my whole childhood has been highly structured and as an adult i try to plan all the time but it never works out the way i want it to. It bothers me immensely. It is a hard lesson and i am not sure how to deal with it. I create goals to work towards and just hope it works out for the best atm.

I always keep a set of contingency plans for all of the failure modes that I can identify.  In this way I maximize my chances of keeping the goal attainable without creating long term problems for the future.  I also have a fail-safe position so that total failure does not put anything I already have in jeopardy.  For Xers paranoia is not simply a lifestyle but a survival skill.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,632 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 398,294 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green