Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-29-2016, 12:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 10:05 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 03:44 AM)taramarie Wrote: To make Eric's eardrums bleed. I know he will hate this one.

But i post because i like this song. I encountered it on Rockband.  Big Grin

Irony - FNM hailed from Eric's backyard, right here in the good old Bay Area! One of the more unique outfits to rise up from here.

Remember I liked one of their songs, iirc. But no, you're right; this "song" is more decadent stuff from the worst pop era in history Smile For the most part.

The Cure have some good songs, I think. Those 3 don't resonate with me, although my ears aren't bleeding.

Merriam-Webster:

decadent
adjective  dec·a·dent \ˈde-kə-dənt also di-ˈkā-\
Popularity: Top 10% of words
Simple Definition of decadent
  • : having low morals and a great love of pleasure, money, fame, etc.
  • : attractive to people of low morals who are only interested in pleasure
  • : extremely pleasing
Extremely pleasing...yep!   Smile  And what is so immoral about it, anyway?  

Actually, this is not my favorite FNM song, though I like it.  "Epic" was their first big mainstream radio hit, from their 1989 album, The Real Thing.  By this time, the Gen Jones band had replaced their singer Chuck Mosley with the 21 year old, Core Gen X Mike Patton--who would remain the band's lead singer until today.  My favorite Faith No More album would later be released in 1992: Angel Dust--more on that later.

But still, since I'm covering 1989 right now, I will share a song I like from The Real Thing (though Eric probably won't like it, as it is a lot of noise--thrilling, exciting noise!  And about vampires!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by gabrielle - 06-29-2016, 02:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,749 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 399,600 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green