Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
This favorite from 2006 was posted 11 years later. It shows that despite the over-emphasis on annoying music, superficial pop, over-sexed, too loud and screachy, too angry and lacking musical subtly and sophistication, that most (if not all) of 3T music had, still, on the fringes, such as in the new age genre (although it also was frequently too superficial) and in electronic and folk-songwriter music, lots of it indie music, some gems were made that are just as precious as those made in any other period.

This track made it all the way up to #5 on my all time list of favorite new age/ambient pieces from my DJ days. "Midwinter," from the Winter album by Kevin Kendle (b.1966). It could be called "Theme from a Winter Place" because of its vague resemblance to the famous Percy Faith oldie. The majestic winter scenes evoked and shown in the video envelope the listener. I wonder though whether there shouldn't be some lovers rowing on one of those still lakes. It's such a romantic piece that it seems to also be about love, and helps me to remember the mood. In spite of its conventional melodic appeal, it's an elaborate electronic piece with a repeating underlying motif, and it seems to grab me and stick in my mind. For some reason, I just love romantic pieces like this.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 03-29-2020, 10:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,383 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 396,691 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green