Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(07-20-2016, 11:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No thanks for any Ratt. I didn't post Green Day; I wondering if you guys will. But yes, I liked them, and some other POST-punk or POP-punk bands, as opposed to hard core punk, grunge, metal. etc. I couldn't abide Loveless for long, but perhaps because the song was from the 2T, the Slowdive song was pretty good once you actually dived in; it took a while for the "water" to warm up.

The best 3T songs, and always music that was still music, were in the new age and/or singer-songwriter genres. New Age was not all great stuff either, but some real gems were made. Canada was, and still remains, a good source. Loreena McKennitt in the early 1990s made an album called The Visit, featuring these two goodies. The first is another example bewitched music, as several of hers were. And neo-pagan. All Souls Night

And scenic, but sad and wistful Arthurian romantic poetry, set to wonderful melody, sound and voice, makes for what many critics call her best performance. The Lady of Shalott. And sounding a bit like Melanie.

Here is some Green Day for you, Eric. I think Basket Case is one of their classics, and it's from their album Dookie, released in 1994.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by MillsT_98 - 07-20-2016, 11:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,618 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 398,190 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM