Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
I noticed they called it "retro" in the wikipedia article on him. But if "retro" means that an artist is still interested in what makes real music, and "current" means just noise, then it's not really "retro," is it? I don't think so. He didn't sound like he was merely copying what others had done, either.

But yes I'm glad I enjoyed something you like. I hope I hear more. But whatever you enjoy, have fun.

I say, in my perspective, the more that musicians can bring the 2T forward, and develop it in new ways, or have been doing so, the better they are doing. The more they just reject and throw it over out of resentment against boomers or whoever, and express their rage in lousy sound, the worse they are doing.

That was true in the 2T as well; older traditions were developed and added to by the best 2T artists who created the Awakening music, like what I am posting on the best songs ever thread right now. They might have been falsely called "retro" too, when they resurrected old folk ballads, emulated older black R&B music, used symphonic and organ sounds or made use of big band jazz artists. There was plenty of pop that deserves to be forgotten created in the 2T period too, which did nothing but appeal to current appetites in order to be commercially successful.

Kravitz seems like a competent, sensitive and visionary artist, and a funky one. His visions expressed for peace and love in the world bring forward the visions of the Awakening, which is still what we need to make real in our world today.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 08-05-2016, 01:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,662 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 398,628 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green