Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(09-07-2016, 10:47 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 06:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: You have your quote attributions mixed up, Copperfield, or gabrielle. This post above has ME saying Bieber's song is dreadful and that he has no talent! And besides, this belongs on the 4T music thread, Copperfield. Well, whatever, no worries.

What this shows though, is that good artists can take a song that is masked by an ugly sound and performance, and bring out some of its inherent qualities. I of course don't think Bieber is without talent or has an ugly sound, and I don't even know if I like this version better myself than Bieber's version, although Copperfield apparently does; but this at least shows his song is good enough for another artist to bring out qualities beyond the original that others might like better. The same was true with how Tori Amos brought out good inherent qualities in the Nirvana song that I could not hear in Nirvana's ugly performance. And it did make me feel a bit better about Nirvana and Cobain as an artist. And the same should be applied to Bieber, if he wrote a good song that another artist can make palatable to those who don't like Bieber's performances. If someone can do that, then Bieber is not "without talent."

Yes, I am opinionated. Deal with it Wink

Yay, progress!  Hopefully eventually you'll be able to "feel a bit better" about Gen X and 3T music in general.

As long as the grungy and noisy stuff is well-covered by others, it's possible in some cases!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 09-10-2016, 12:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,623 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 398,280 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green