Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism.
(05-10-2019, 07:53 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: PBR did you miss my point naturally or did you have to work at it?

If I did it was because you did not make it clear.

Quote:The point isn't if Japan and/or South Korea are high stress societies.  The point is that people who want to kill themselves, for whatever reason(s) will do so.  The availability of a firearm is not a factor.    

One of the most difficult jobs to hold is of a train engineer on a line that goes through the southern part of the San Francisco Bat area. High-school kids in some communities are under extreme parental stress to get top grades  so that they can succeed in life and not have to leave an area that has paradise qualities. Few people want to go from the San Francisco Bay area to a place with Russian winters, Dixie summers, and no scenery.  They do because the rents are so high in the San Francisco Bay Area that manufacturing industry is priced out. Sure, one might be able to get a job as a retail sales clerk or hospital orderly, but one must then live with parents indefinitely. Even school teachers are considered 'low income'. Kids who get bad grades in Silicon Valley often jump in front of the commuter train because the competition that allows people to come close to affording to live there is intense.    

OK, so they are high-school kids who can't imagine finding happiness in the Texas Panhandle as an auto mechanic, licensed vocational nurse, or janitor who can afford to live there -- if living means sharing an efficiency apartment with a complete stranger. Note well: we live in a culture that honors only material gain and indulgence, and Donald Trump exemplifies that ethos at its purest. He is not the cause: he is the symptom, as cirrhosis is a symptom of a life of heavy drinking.   

People often love the San Francisco Bay Area (including Silicon Valley) as they can love no other place in America. The only way in which to love the community in which I live is to know nothing else.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Quote:No the US doesn't have bullet trains but most states that have large cities (Florida being one of them, and yes we're pushing for Open Carry here and DeSantis supports it--personally I want Constitutional Carry) have commuter rail.  Just hop in front of one of those.  No commuter rail?  A freight train will do.  Failing that any car or truck will do.

Still too messy?  Raid granny's medicine cabinet and take all the pills.  Find yourself a rope.

This is potentially an unforgivable insult. If it is specific, then you need to be ousted from this Forum altogether. I have asked the moderator to remove people for urging people to commit suicide. You specifically know that I have had some recent troubles in life and few ways of solving them. Most of the jobs around here are either ill-paid farm labor, repetitive-motion jobs, or the sorts of work in which one must pretend that everything is wonderful even if one's life is a complete mess due to the poverty that comes with such work. 

Quote:People who want to off themselves will do so.  They can't be stopped really.  And honestly I don't really want them to be stopped.  The gene pool needs to be chlorinated from time to time.

Yes -- they can. There are ways in which to talk to potential suicides. Some need detox with a follow-up of of finding meaning in life without drugs and alcohol. Some need to get connected to people who care about others. Some need to lower their expectations and not see themselves as failures and losers. Some need to re-connect. Some need to find a reason to stay alive -- like to see a grandchild graduate. Some need an activity that offers them a sense of accomplishment. Maybe find a companion at the animal shelter who will force one to get one's mind off oneself.

Or do what I did in one bleak time, connect to something delightfully time-consuming

that will pull you through fear, shame, and doubt about whether life has meaning.

Improving the gene pool? The people who talk about that by eliminating 'losers' might want to eliminate -- you. You are black and homosexual, two counts that cause some people to dream of mowing you down by machine-gun fire or casting some cyanide pellets into a locked room in which other doomed people are condemned to death. Those people do not distinguish between you and the black losers that you excoriate. About a century ago the idea of better humanity through better breeding had the name eugenics. That pseudoscience has been largely discredited. Polish-Americans and Italian-Americans used to be seen almost always as scum. Polish-Americans are now the second-highest white group in socio-economic status in America, and Italian-Americans are surprisingly close.

By the way -- one thing that I find wrong with most white people is that successful white people do nothing to improve the lot of poor white people, victims of poor education and being in places with no economic opportunity. The white part of the ruling class has nothing to offer but bigger profits and lower taxes that can  do nothing for poor people of any kind. The black bourgeoisie and the Hispanic bourgeoisie seem to care more about poor people of their origin more than the white bourgeoisie seems to care about poor white people. To be sure, there is a National Association for the Advancement of White People -- but all that one needs know about it is that David DuKKKe founded it.

Quote:I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post because it is a repeat of a repeat of a repeat.  You already know what I think in that regard or can at least guess at it if you're half as smart as you think you are.

I do not keep track of what I write here, and I doubt that you do so either about what you write.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism. - by pbrower2a - 05-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism on the Rise Eric the Green 17 4,884 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? TheNomad 38 16,279 05-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine Odin 4 2,710 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a