Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism.
(05-13-2019, 11:29 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Yawn.  You know that PRI is a Democratic Front right?  Not impressed with Political Propaganda being Political Propaganda.  

As to the NRA that is less of a scandal and more of a cash flow problem.  Not surprising really since with Boomers largely in charge currently the corporate money goes to Democratic Causes.  The fact that the Washington Compost is the largest contributor of articles on the subject according to Duck Duck Go I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't also propaganda.

The Narodni Rifle Association is accused of funneling money from Russian sources into American politics, which if true is illegal activity that should take it down. Scandals in non-profit organizations (think of USA Gymnastics, which is about something very different) destroy such organizations because they disrupt the cash flow. Cash flow is the lifeblood of any organization, whether a for-profit or non-profit enterprise. Remember that most gun owners are patriots who still do not trust foreign countries.

Your idol has clay feet, Much as I disliked Ronald Reagan for his agenda in the 1980s, I now recognize that he had competent people around him who could redirect him when he started to go too far. Donald Trump surrounds himself with yes-men who can never say no to him, which ensures that if he goes too far in one way or another that nothing will stop him except for overpowering force. I may have seen him as excessively chauvinist in his nationalism, but in view of Donald Trump and his questionable loyalty I will take Reagan's national chauvinism any day.

Changing the subject to reflect another post of yours:

...I have never been in Florida (the closest was either Houston or Great Smoky Mountains National Park). I did live in northeastern Arkansas as a child and in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as a young adult, and my observation humid heat hits me harder than dry heat. I question whether the heat and humidity of Florida in the summer is any worse than that of northeastern Arkansas or southeastern Missouri (the latter, "Mississippi North" -- yuck!). Summer weather in Dallas alternated between Arizona-style heat (Tucson if not Phoenix) and "Dixie" heat, and I can assure you that 100F with low humidity is far more tolerable than 90F with high humidity. For the dry heat, wear a hat and keep hydrated -- do your grocery shopping at night, and never rely upon outside parking. In my case, I must use a high-SPF sunscreen, but I need do that in Michigan when the temperature gets above 65F, too, on a sunny day.

How tolerable is dry heat? I could rely upon ceiling fans in Dallas until Memorial Day or so.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism. - by pbrower2a - 05-13-2019, 12:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism on the Rise Eric the Green 17 4,884 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? TheNomad 38 16,275 05-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine Odin 4 2,710 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a