Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism.
(05-13-2019, 10:28 PM)inser79 Wrote: Yawn  More Muh Russia nonsense.  Funny you Blues were all about Russia when it was communist.  I'm not impressed with Mr. Horn's sources.  Or the Dallas Gazette either which for all I know is just an other dying Democrat rag.  And accusations are just that.  If someone has evidence bring it to court or they are doing nothing but slandering.  And there is a lot of slander--or perhaps in this case libel going on and it is coming from the left.

The reference was to the Dallas Morning News, one of the most conservative large-circulation newspapers of a giant American city. Printed newspapers and magazines everywhere may be a dying technology as mews on newsprint becomes more costly than news through other means. I think also of brick-and-mortar stores for anything other than groceries, motor fuel, greeting cards, lottery tickets, liquor, and cancerweed products.

As for Russia --the Soviet Union was becoming more economically and technologically backward in contrast to the West, but many of us liberals thought glasnost and perestroika good ideas for modernizing the Soviet Union politically and technologically. But that short window of time, when the Soviet Union was making baby steps toward markets and general openness, did not last. Russia got a taste of democracy -- but that is over. Russia is run by oligarchs and has a single-party system as rigid as that of China. It is now right-wingers who especially love Russia.

Quote:Makes me wonder if Muh Russia-Gate is a matter of projection again.

If only it were not true.

Quote:I've found that dry heat is more tolerable than humid heat, but not by much.  110F is still 110F but you can beat the heat more effectively by wearing clothing and if necessary wetting them--or simply waiting for night to cool things down.  Humidity sort of traps the heat.  That being said Florida is unique from the rest of the south in that nearly all of it is coastal in climate and benefits from the moderating effects of the Gulf and the Atlantic.  On days it gets too hot the kid and I pack up the truck and go surfing.

OK. I know the tricks, like never go out barefoot in anything resembling summer weather by Midwestern standards. (OK, I was in Dallas, and the fire ants were savage, which was another reason to never go out unshod). Drink water, water, and more water. Never buy a car with a dark interior.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism. - by pbrower2a - 05-13-2019, 11:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism on the Rise Eric the Green 17 4,914 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? TheNomad 38 16,353 05-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine Odin 4 2,718 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a