Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism.
(07-20-2016, 05:14 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 01:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Our wonderful red-state fly-over country.

<snip Red State/Oklahoma diss.

<Snicker>

Joe For America Wrote:Well, they’re stupid enough to deserve the government they get, and we hope they enjoy the coming bankruptcy of their major cities and their state pension funds.  If you’re a state employee, you should consider setting up your own retirement account.
Today’s latest episode doesn’t really focus on the disaster that is California’s government and pension mess, but it’s certainly an indicator of just why the state (and the nation) is in such a mess.
State Senator Leland Yee, a long time and very outspoken advocate for gun registration and confiscation was a candidate for Secretary of State.  If you missed it, earlier this year he was indicted for arms trafficking and public corruption.  Senator Lee is a high ranking Democrat.
Quote:In a stunning criminal complaint, State Sen. Leland Yee has been charged with conspiring to traffic in firearms and public corruption as part of a major FBI operation spanning the Bay Area, casting yet another cloud of corruption over the Democratic establishment in the Legislature and torpedoing Yee’s aspirations for statewide office.

Yup.  Bans lead to black markets.  It's even better to pull for a ban and make a profit on the side. Big Grin

Lee should be taken out and shot!

Whoops, excuse me, I thought I was at the GOP convention.  My bad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism. - by playwrite - 07-21-2016, 10:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism on the Rise Eric the Green 17 4,885 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? TheNomad 38 16,297 05-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine Odin 4 2,712 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a