Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
(01-26-2018, 05:24 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I'm not letting Hillary Clinton off the hook for this even if it was ten years ago.

NYT: Clinton blocked firing of adviser accused of harassment 02:19

(CNN)Hillary Clinton decided not to fire a senior adviser on her 2008 presidential campaign who had been accused of sexual harassment, against the recommendation of her campaign manager, two sources who worked on the 2008 campaign tell CNN.

A female campaign staffer had accused Clinton's faith adviser, Burns Strider, of harassment that included inappropriate touching, kissing her forehead and sending her suggestive emails, the sources said. The woman shared an office with Strider.

After hearing of the complaint, Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle and other senior aides urged Clinton to fire Strider, but Clinton declined to dismiss him and kept him on for the rest of her failed run for the Democratic nomination, the sources said.

"Patti wanted him out but she was overruled," one source said.

CNN Politics

It's not clear how serious the offense was, according to what is reported here. Was there abuse of power or some kind of force being used? Clinton did require Strider to do counseling. For some sex abusers, who do less serious harm, that may be a better alternative than firings and going to jail.

The Wynn accusations seem much more serious in this regard.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by Eric the Green - 01-26-2018, 07:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,782 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund