Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
Enty, the anonymous entertainment lawyer who writes the blog Crazy Days and Nights, and who has recently gotten a flurry of press attention because he'd been dishing on the likes of Weinstein, Spacey, Singer, and others for years, told the Daily Beast in recent months that 2018 could see a certain permanent A-list musician (think: classic rock, I believe) go down.

Readers of the blog know who this person is - there was a related blind item from (if I'm remembering correctly) last November - and while it's impossible to tell if Enty has inside knowledge or is just talking smack, said person was arrested for the crime back in 79, and true to the time got off with a slap on the wrist. He even went on to write a song about how "unfairly" he was treated by the press. Basically everyone has heard this song. And if the details about the assault as described in the 11/17 blind are even remotely accurate, it's all pretty gross.

Also, there are pretty much daily #MeToo blinds at CDAN.

I'll add too that I'm talking with a certain person my age about appearing opposite me (as well as with his band - an indie act) in (supporting roles) in a proof-of-concept short followed by a related kid noir feature. (Spoiler alert: we both die in the short.) I mention this because there's a rumor going back several decades involving this person and an also permanent A-list celebrity (known especially to Gen Xers). The year? 1987 (which is noteworthy because no one born in the 1970s was of legal age yet). You may or may not know the person (not the A-lister, I mean) from his band, but if you're of a particular age range you've almost certainly seen him in this one thing. You'll have seen it on tv back then, and most likely on a particular channel - even a specific show on that channel. His starring appearance connects him to the A-lister.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by linus - 02-20-2018, 03:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,747 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund