Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
Could liberals be finding an issue on which to embrace chastity as an ideal? They have excused sex between consenting adults, but not between children, between adults and children, or in which there is no consent. They are even sacrificing some of their political and cultural icons. Nobody gets a pass for being black (Cosby) or having lost parents in the Holocaust (Polanski). Maybe the Hollywood studios and world pop music scene protects someone still useful. Farewell, casting couch -- and good riddance!

I will see more cause to believe that the change is real when I find that a pro athlete loses his job for sexual harassment.

I would guess that nailing an older executive for sexual harassment is a good way to open a spot in a corporate hierarchy.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by pbrower2a - 05-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,746 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund