Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/23/media/p...index.html

CNN said Wednesday evening that Paris Dennard has been suspended from his commentary role, pending an examination of the allegations against him in a Wednesday Washington Post story.
The Post reported that Dennard was fired from a job at Arizona State University "for making sexually explicit comments and gestures toward women."

The Post obtained a copy of an ASU report that described the university's 2014 internal investigation into Dennard's conduct. According to the newspaper, the report "describes a series of inappropriate incidents often initiated by Dennard with the two women in 2013 and 2014."

The investigation found that Dennard had committed "serious misconduct," according to the Post.

Later, Dennard became a high-profile surrogate for the Trump campaign, appearing frequently on television and in other forums. He is well known to CNN viewers as a political commentator for the network, and for his staunch defenses of President Trump.

Earlier, he told the Post that he believes the allegations made against him at ASU are "false."

"This is sadly another politically motivated attempt to besmirch my character, and shame me into silence for my support of President Trump and the GOP," he told the newspaper.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by pbrower2a - 08-23-2018, 02:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,745 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund