Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
(09-28-2018, 02:49 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 02:36 AM)Galen Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:46 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Dr. Blasey Ford describes Kavanaugh's sexual assault on her. Will his career be "ruined" by this?

I find myself wondering of Kieth Ellison will have his career ended for abusive behavior, for which there is actual evidence?  Interesting that the Dims are pretty much silent on this.

Yup, it could be that what's good for the blue goose is good for the red gander.  Cool   Who knows, #MeToo may end up being a wild goose and gander chase.

A black swan event upcoming.

* Birds birds, flight of feather, a bunch of feathers flying when they fly and flock together.

I mentioned this to our resident shrink. The #MeToo movement is no different than any other. Look at the movement for civil rights. It's 150 years in the making, and we're still not there. One reason is the tendency of all successful movements to overreach. Who can blame the oppressed for being even the slightest bit vengeful. Of course, the waiting-to-be-offended on the other side will jump at the first indication that, "... they have gone too far." Cynical? Of course. Effective? TBD.

#MeToo advocates need to be ready for effective pushback. Kavanaugh seems to be a safe target, because he's not all that likeable and a bit self righteous. Ellison seems to be an easy target as well. That won't always be true. Until then, the knives are out.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by David Horn - 09-29-2018, 08:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,797 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund