Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
(07-17-2020, 12:49 PM)sbarrera Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)David Horn Wrote: What's a secretary in 2020 anyway?

For a "C-level" executive, a personal assistant who probably does handle clerical work and appointments in the tradition of what a secretary is.

For everybody else, there is typically an executive assistant (that is the title) who serves an entire floor or building. They are basically in charge of supplies, including what is in the break room, and probably also keeping track of seating.

I will say that they are always a woman, and you would be insane to hit up on her, the same as with any female coworker.

Frankly, I was being facetious.  The idea of a secretary (the keeper of secrets) is a bizarre idea in this day and age.  There are no secrets, only NDAs.

The last admin assistant (an even worse title in my opinion) in my department had an MBA.  She was the pivotal person in that department ... period.  Without her, the managers would have flailed around and gotten nothing done. She should have had one of their titles and pay, but "assistants" don't get that treatment.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by David Horn - 07-18-2020, 08:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,780 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund