Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
(03-31-2021, 04:48 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:27 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 02:42 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 02:37 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I suppose today workers can find a little justice and dignity through sexual harrassment lawsuits that they cannot find in the economic and command-and-control aspects of the corporate and non-profit workplaces, if women are unfortunate (or fortunate) enough to be the victims. I'm not sure that the new puritanism in on-the-job relationships is always a good thing, but male behavior and entitlement-psychology has probably been difficult for women all along, despite the whitewashing on Broadway, and it has not gotten any better. But certainly more dangerous for the companies.

The new reform era should at least address some economic and working-conditions issues, if the Republicans can be increasingly defeated in elections, and if the trend beginning at the Alabama Amazon warehouse takes hold and unions revive.
What do you mean by fortunate enough to be the victims?

in the rare case that a woman leads a man on with seductive behavior and he responds, and that such results in a legal finding of sexual harassment. In such a case she is as culpable as he is.

Ah i see, thank you for the explanation.  Thumbupright

Yes, women can do wrong. If I were in the position in which to hire a woan for a secretarial job I would not hire someone who lays on the "seductress" role. That is asking for trouble. Even the cost of successfully defending  against a harassment lawsuit is costly. This is not to defend against feminism in the work place or to support the oppression of women. Seductresses are generally not feminists; they indeed fit roles normal in male chauvinism -- except that if they can make money by turning against an organization for which they work, they do so. 

It is not a good career move. She may be blacklisted from clerical work, which greatly limits her opportunities. The payout may blook good, but if it comes with twenty years of unemployment... well, she had better be a very astute investor. Quite possibly she gets some settlement that falls well short of solving all her problems. 

Many business have a strict rule against fraternization. If you work for PQR Corporation, then don't date from PQR Corporation. STU or LMN, maybe.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,745 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund