Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authoritarianism and American politics
(01-19-2017, 03:36 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 02:02 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: We are about to get the most authoritarian President in the living memory of any American under the age of 90. (Coolidge might have been rather authoritarian, but one would have to be past 90 to remember him.  

Donald Trump clearly fits the authoritarian model...and he is well to the Right of center. Britt's warnings of fascist character of a government apply strongly to him on just about everything. We all know the list.

"Keep cool with Coolidge" Coolidge?  He was about as hands off and the opposite of authoritarian as possible.

FDR was pretty authoritarian, though, what with packing of the Supreme Court and all that.

The usual libertarian economics deception, is what you posted. Authority is needed, since humans aren't perfect. More crimes occur without authority. Especially, the bosses need authority over them. That's why the bosses hated FDR, and why you knock him and applaud Coolidge. It takes just a little use of the brain. Coolidge was the most authoritarian, because he allowed the bosses to rule over us without restraint, resulting in poverty and depression. FDR liberated us from the bosses, so he was less authoritarian. Like I said, people need to see beyond the smoke of "freedom" laissez faire slogans and discern the truth.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Authoritarianism and American politics - by Eric the Green - 01-19-2017, 06:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who else would like politics to be humdrum? Anthony '58 50 11,662 09-01-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  SJW's, Identity politics, Alt-Left and Alt-Right Teejay 37 25,832 10-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Horn