Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X
I've been trying to keep up with the generational Survivor "battle" amid all the election chaos, and it's harder because the millennials are all so young and attractive, but not very buff, so it's hard to keep track of them, even though they've sucked up all the attention so far, which is natural-- good looks, youth and sex appeal sells. Lots of young surfers and hippies and high-techers among them. But even though they prevailed over the hard-bitten survivalist Gen Xers, who as usual look the part in that typical Gen X manner, in the earlier head to head generational contests, now the millennials have lost their collegiality and have turned on each other, seemingly oblivious to the generational contest and instead settling old scores. In a perfectly amiable way, of course. So much so that it's hard to remember who is who. But I'm learning gradually.

Meanwhile I have very little clue about who the Gen Xers are, and can keep track of them even less. They have been neglected on the show, and are in a position to prevail now-- thanks to the millennials lack of focus on the greater generational battle and their heedless behavior. I guess, just how in real life they fail to vote in crucial elections, taking for granted that things will just be fine. But the coming attractions segment at the end said that there would be "civil war" among the Xers now that they are in the drivers' seat, so maybe they will revert to form and turn on each other in their individualist ways.

Taylor millennial was voted off because he hoarded food, and he seemed to be happy about it; he had made some cool friends including Jay (Justin) his rival, and a girlfriend whom his millennial tribe mate Adam (I think it was) had earlier gotten voted off. So cool, hip Taylor non-chalantly went his way after the tribe had spoken, as his friend Jay only got 4 votes to his 6, and 1 (by him) for the villain Adam; Taylor's retribution plan in total ruin, as his selfish and heedless hoarding behavior was exposed in tribal council, and none of the millennials able to keep any confidences or secrets.

All in all, perhaps an expose about how screwed up all of our generations are in these times, as we face the prospect of total ruin in a potentially-failed 4T.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/16/su...-revealed/

[Image: surv_1116_08.jpg?w=810&crop=0%2C0px%2C100%2C9999px]
Adam Klein, Bret LaBelle, Jessica Lewis, Ken McNickle, David Wright, Justin Starrett, Hannah Shapiro, Chris Hammons, Taylor Stocker, Will Wahl, Sunday Burquest and Ezekiel/Zeke Smith at Tribal Council. (Monty Brinton/CBS)
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-21-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Eric the Green - 11-17-2016, 05:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Singers > Boomers, Xers and Millennials JasonBlack 11 1,748 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack