Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X
(10-01-2016, 02:54 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Bronsin Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:01 AM)Odin Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 06:49 PM)Bronsin Wrote: What's the over/under on how many of the millennials still live in their parent's basement?

You know that this is because of economic reasons and not laziness or immaturity, right? Rolleyes

Maybe for some that is the case, but it has reached an almost epidemic proportion. There are plenty of jobs out there for people who want to, or HAVE to work.

Where I live there are help needed signs all over the place, and they have been up for months advertising jobs that range from $10-14 hr, and people won't fill the positions because that's not where they want to work. Money is green. They need to get that through their thick heads. When the housing bubble burst, I saw more than one person my age, in a fairly new car or SUV, delivering pizza's and working fast food because they were going to lose that car, or their house, when their jobs fell apart. Millennials would just move back home, if they ever left in the first place.
This statement reminds me of the great communicator, the great deceiver, and his assistant who had my name, holding up a newspaper during his recession in 1981, and proclaiming how many want ads for jobs there were. There's nothing new about putting down the poor and economically-hurting and blaming them for the problems that the Republican politicians themselves and whom they represent constantly create.

Quote:Here's my old man pulpit and how I was raised: When you were 16 you got your driver's license, and a job. After graduation, you got out of the house. This wasn't up for debate, and I didn't have to be pushed out either. I wanted nothing more than to GTFO of my Mother's house at the soonest opportunity. And that wasn't just me, that was every single one of my friends. You either went to work or college. Staying at home and sitting on your ass waiting to win the lottery was NO option.

Such silliness here. Yeah, go out and buy the cheapest house in the neighborhood, which probably costs a million dollars, or rent a small apartment for a thousand or two or three, with the income from a job that pays $7.25 an hour. Good luck with that.

Quote:Case in point, my niece and nephew, who at 20 and 21 yrs old, FINALLY got their drivers license, and only have gotten jobs because their new step-father has had a bellyfull of them sitting around the house, and their mother takes them both to work, at the SAME place. How convenient........... Of course, they both have all the latest gadgets and are on everything that's considered social media. Oh, and they are both a couple of doughballs.

Millennials live in their gadgets and on social media; no doubt about that. Certainly not the best training for Survivor, or maybe not for surviving in the real world either. But they have these gadgets and social media thanks in part to some smart and enterprising millennials.

Laffin'........................
Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-21-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Bronsin - 10-01-2016, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Singers > Boomers, Xers and Millennials JasonBlack 11 1,768 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack