Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X
Those who are materialistic, or materialists, might not think it's bigotry to be called one.

Yes, I think Gen Xers were more materialistic in youth than boomers were in their youth. In the 3T, it was about equal. Nowadays, I'm not sure. But yes you were right, I did say "typical Gen X." Maybe over the top. But on the other hand, the idea that Gen Xers are cynical is quite a common observation. Again, if you're a cynic, that's not an insult.

And gabrielle forgets, that Rags identified himself as not a deplorable, but a cynical and pecuniary man, after I said this:

"Only when deserved. Like all generations, Xers have their good and bad points, in my opinion. Generalizing about generations "always" has its pitfalls. But I would not say that half of Gen Xers are "deplorables." "

So Rags comment was in the context of identifying himself as an Xer.

Does generational theory promote prejudice? Maybe and maybe not; depends on how you look at it. Then again, "prejudice" is more commonly applied to race, religion, sex, etc. You don't find too many people refusing to hire "boomers," "Gen Xers" or "millennials." Even though there may be age discrimination; it's not because of supposed generational traits. I've never heard of police using "Gen X profiling" in making their arrests. Lumping people in with the supposed traits of an entire generation may be over the top. Lumping views of generations in with "bigotry" is also over the top.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-21-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Galen - 09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 09-30-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Odin - 10-03-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: "Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X - by Eric the Green - 10-03-2016, 10:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Singers > Boomers, Xers and Millennials JasonBlack 11 1,772 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack