Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(02-14-2018, 05:15 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I don't see red America as violent enough as a whole.  The 2nd Amendment is only one element of a glorification of war and violence that has faded.  We are no longer happy with war, with Sousa marches a major part of the pop culture.  An example is the rejection of the post war soviet government, but not the people.  

The US conservatives may be selfish and not look into the future very well, but they are not as evil as you seem to paint them.  You have an extreme partisan's ability to misrepresent and misunderstand those who disagree with you.  In the real world, half the country is not as evil as you claim.  Think how the extreme reds misrepresent the blues.  They are little worse in their perception than you.

The spiral of violence you have written about is happening. There are far more mass shootings of innocent people than in the past. Just this year there have already been 19 school shootings, including today's deadly rampage in Florida, where guns are fully allowed to own and use by anyone. Gun violence remains unabated, and has gone up in some places overall. And then we hear, oh boy!, that so-called President Trump and Gov. Scott have been informed and are following the situation. Well, whooopdi do! What the fuck can HE do about it? He and all the rest of the gun supporters are responsible for this madness. How would you like to have the Drump pray and console you? Wouldn't that make you feel better? How about a snake offering a cure for a snakebite.

And calls for gun control will not abate either. It is the only answer to this problem that makes any difference, unless you want a society in which everyone is examined to see if they might shoot somebody, and most of the time we don't even know even then. Proliferation of AR-15s and AK-47s is deliberately allowed by the red side so that more school shootings of innocent children can occur. If you don't care about a problem, if you ignore a problem, it's as good as causing it, and wanting it. And that is no misrepresentation.

So, gun control is proposed by the blue side, because they DON'T want mass shootings. And the reds then threaten civil war if any gun control is passed. This is an almost inevitable spiral. As long as guns proliferate, there will be more shootings, more calls for gun control, and more threats of civil war and rebellion by the red side if any gun control is passed.

Maybe half the country is more evil than we claim. Words cannot encompass the evil that exists on the red side. They don't give a damn about the fact that thousands of innocent people are being gunned down. All they want is their guns. I know that these people are fine people in many other ways; I am no better as a person overall. But their politics and their religion are toxic, and dangerous to the country, and they must be defeated. And that is no misrepresentation of anything.

As long as you assume that the two sides are equal in their point of view, and equal in their lies, and that the answer lies in the middle, the longer you shrink from facing the Crisis that is our 4T. I know in politics that compromise has to happen, and I hope some things will and can get done. There are ways to do this on this and other issues. But when they don't get done, the blame for this is not distributed equally. The red side is more at fault these days, and the truth is on the blue side. It doesn't matter if it doesn't sound nice to say so, because that doesn't change the fact.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 02-14-2018, 07:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 135 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,148 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,680 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,849 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,909 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 765 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,924 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 709 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999