Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
Bob's notions of listening to the other side, and Eric sure doesn't, can only be taken so far. David has mentioned that he knows some of these red America people. I've met some too. I'm sure there's a spectrum of opinions, attitudes and behaviors among red America. We listen to them, and we share some of their real concerns. We blues and greens don't agree with them much of the time, even if we understand probably better than they do themselves what's driving them to their parochial opinions, and we understand perfectly well that they have been deceived into supporting the wrong solutions to the real problems that some of them face every day.

A lot of red culture these days is driven by brainwashing within red media bubbles. I can listen only so long to their nonsense. I contribute to the climate change discussion site. After a while, the steady supply of trolls who keep spouting alternative facts that have been debunked over and over again gets very tiring. They are holding on to unscientific alternative theories, some made up from their own personal ideas, in face of the very real danger to our way of life that we face. The gun debate is just another example. Should I "listen" to the hundreds or thousands of trolls who tweet or come on to the page of a student journalist's vacation video and say he's a paid crisis actor, even though the facts they refuse to see obviously prove beyond any doubt that this was a rumor planted by a fired Republican campaign staffer? What should I think about such numbskulls as these? And even though their claims that guns are needed to protect themselves against the government, or that assault rifles are needed for hunting, etc etc., are contributing to the deaths of thousands of innocent people, and even though they insult students who experienced this outrageous tragedy and who accept the 2nd Amendment but want some background checks, as if that means they want to take their guns away? These idiots are not worth listening to. I turn off Pence and Conway and Huckabee Sanders regularly because I know they are Trump syncophants and paid liars. No, I don't watch alt-right programs and Alex Jones propaganda. This is the stuff that a large portion of the Trump base listens to-- this Trumpist group of creeps who yelled in agreement when Trump said at his rallies that protesters should be carried out on stretchers. They put him in office because they fell for all this crap, every bit of it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,716 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,353 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter