Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-02-2018, 04:17 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 01:22 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 10:23 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 06:43 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 10:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I have no interest in making your decisions or ruling blue America. I've given you some advice. I've identified certain lines that blues should never cross. I've given you my opinions of opinions of others that you've posted or the person or the situation that blues are using to advance their interests like the kid and the school shooting that they're using now. I have never expressed an interest in taking away any of your freedoms or Constitutional rights. What's up with blues? Are blues running out of worth while adults who are willing to take the shots that he seems to be taking for them (you)?

Maybe the last sentence is true; we are running out of blue adults who can seem to make any dent in the stuck opinions of the red and purple side; our blue leaders are not that skilled. So it's great that there's a children's crusade, as Dan Rather pointed out, like the one that got civil rights passed. I feel encouraged by them just as Dan does, and when reds say that the blues are just using them, that disrespects the tragedy they have gone through and their sincere desire for change. People that age are in the prime of life and are at their most intelligent and skillful in many ways. They deserve our fullest respect, and should not be called opportunists, or labelled as paid actors by hoodwinked, brainwashed sheeple.

I mentioned the way your side is interested in making decisions for us and ruling over us. I don't see that you refuted any of my claims
I think it's pretty clear that reds and purples don't want anything to do with the royal blues and greens. I don't need to refute the obvious. That should be as obvious to you as it is to me.

It is obvious and yet I need to repeat it to you because you can't see the obvious.

Reds are VERY interested in making decisions for blues. You decide that we should be saddled with guns, and that we can't stop them from being used by idiots. You decide that corporations should continue to destroy our environment and destroy our climate and rip off workers and consumers. You decide that we should have cutbacks in the entitlement programs that we paid for, and that rich folks shouldn't pay hardly any taxes, leaving it all for our grandkids.. You decide that we should have lousy free-enterprise health care. You decided that gamblers and speculators should have the "freedom" to drive up our home prices and ruin our economy without any supervision. A lot of you decide that we should not teach evolution in schools. You reds have decided all these things and more for us. You decided that the USA should stay mired in an 18th century world. Don't tell me you don't decide things for us. It is you guys that are ruining the system with your stubborn regressive fanaticism.
If you need to repeat it then it must not be as obvious to you as it is to me yet. As time moves on, it will become more obvious to you and the blues in general.

vice versa, I think Smile

btw taking away your gun rights, if it happens, is not taking away a right that I think anyone should recognize. We just have a different idea of "rights." The right to have a weapon of war and killing is not a right I personally respect, but most blues continue to respect it, although with qualifications-- just as with the 1st amendment. And I recognize that most blues continue to respect that right. I suspect that you don't recognize this.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 03-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,165 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,705 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,875 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,288 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 770 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter