Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-03-2018, 06:16 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 09:01 AM)David Horn Wrote: FWIW, I wouldn't stop there.  Armor piercing rounds should NEVER be sold to anyone, but they are for sale in stores and on the Internet.  Another item on the 'never should be available' list are 50 caliber sniper rifles like these:
[Image: Barrett_M107A1_1440x381.jpg]
Are we looking at a fully automatic rifle or a semi automatic rifle? Because that is the REAL difference between a so-called weapon of war and an AR-15. You keep slamming me about this or that and over this or that and I keep reminding you and every other ARROGANT BLUE that you guys don't know shit about me. I JUST MIGHT BE ABLE TO SURPRISE/SHOCK YOU.  Do you like California? Does California look like a nice place for blues to live? I could live without California. I could live without blues and all the trouble that they seem to start or create for the rest of society.

A sniper rifle is for a sniper. Let us remember that in military action, a sniper can kill lots of people before he eventually is killed... because he must be taken out, and will be taken  out. This gun looks made for picking off lots of people with the scope that it has. 

Quote:Willy Nilly Dicks Sporting Goods, who caters more to urban Yuppies, the majority of whom must have been determined to be more of the blue persuasion. You know, the folks who strap their cross country skies to roof of their little SUV's and head out to some trail or park for a few hours or some expensive cross country skiing resort for a few days of pleasure in a controlled area that's relatively safe and secure. Does primarily loaded with over priced Yuppie stuff sound like the kind of place where an AVID outdoors man is going to hang out or enter to buy an over priced AR-15 that happens to be pink or looks a lot prettier and more appealing than an average/run of the mill AR-15 that cost a third less. Dicks Sporting Goods made a ploy that isn't going to turn out very good for them considering how much of the American market that they lost forever. Who want's a war zone in their parking lots? Who wants to look like a group of dictators before American eyes and the American public? Who wants to drive through angry crowds of protestors and barriers to buy a pair of snow shoes? Yuppi's aren't going to do that because their lives, their property and over all well being are more important to them and not worth risking for a pair of snow shoes or a tent at Dicks Sporting Goods. What should Cabelas and others do? Stand pat and stick with following the rule of law or join the fray or attack Dick's with marketing and peel away customers and attract loose customers. Wouldn't it be funny if Dick's ends up bankrupt?

Yuppies rarely go on shooting rampages. Yes, I consider cross-country skiing or downhill skiing activities of 'outdoor sportspeople'.

Liability for sale of certain non-sporting firearms might be a concern of Dick's Sporting Goods. Corporate retailers are very cautious about the risk of big lawsuits.  A one-location pawn shop that sells guns as a big part of its business might not have so much of a chouice unless a government takes away that choice.

Cabela's might choose to go with its other corporate competitors. Cabela's may better fit the more proletarian sport hunter -- but it will have to choose between selling guns that have no legitimate sporting purpose and limiting its chances of facing horrible law suits.

As for retailers going bankrupt -- it happens all the time. I expect Sears, K-Mart, and Toys 'R' Us to go under.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by pbrower2a - 03-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,722 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,366 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter