Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-06-2018, 03:30 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 02:11 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 02:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Guns are dangerous. I'd say 97% of us would agree that guns are dangerous. How many people view themselves as dangerous people and view most other people as being dangerous people? 3-5% maybe. How many assault rifles are currently in the hands of civilians? Millions. How many have been used for mass shootings? Less than 100 over several years. The most dangerous gun in America is the handgun which are owned by millions of more people. How many people buy guns to kill innocent people? I'd say less than one percent? How many buy them for individual self defense or the protection of people or hobby/activity or hunting? I'd say 99%.

The AR-15 is a lousy hunting rifle.  It destroys the meat of the animal.  Owning one for self protection is foolish, since most uses are either indoors, where length is a negative, or in close quarters, where the same applies.  It's intended for use at 10 yards or more.  So all that's left is having one for the enjoyment of shooting it, which is pretty minor in comparison to the number that have been killed with it.  The same applies to most LEGAL assault rifles.  The M4 carbine is good in close quarters, but it already banned in any form.

Classic-Xer Wrote:The rounds that I use mushroom on impact and release shrapnel and make a large exit hole coming out.

The rounds from an AR-15 don't mushroom.  There is a video (I looked but couldn't find it) that shows the results of one round fired at a watermelon.  The entry hole is small; the entire back side of the watermelon is missing.

Indeed, inside a house you are better off with a dog, an animal that can turn on a dime from being a placid pet to 'the other Big Cat'. Dogs will often scare off a troublemaker just by barking. The dog whose bark you know is a strong, powerful, agile, cunning predator with sharp claws and teeth, keen senses, and great bite force. This is the worst enemy that a criminal can face, as is demonstrated by the use of K-9 unites by police forces. Dogs can disarm an offender with one bite, and any large dog (or multiple medium-sized dogs) can instill the primal fear of being killed and eaten. Small dogs can do horrible damage to an intruder, too, and even a kitten-sized (but tiger-like in behavior) Yorkshire terrier can do grievous harm to flesh. I look at a Yorkshire terrier with much more misgiving than I see with a cat of like size.... I do not want my ankles bitten.

It is very difficult to extricate oneself from a dog attack. I wish that Dr. Pettit of Cheshire, Connecticut had gotten a dog for each of the females in his household (that would be four), in which case the scum who murdered his wife and put him at risk from death and daughters would be dead if they tried to pull off the home-invasion robbery. Two Dobermans per attacker -- dead attacker.

[Image: Keep-Out-Dog-Sign-K-9086.gif][Image: no-trespassing-beware-of-dog-sign-k2-0646.png][Image: do-not-enter-funny-beware-of-dogs-sign-s2-2368.png]
Once the dog is neutralized, the dog is useless as far as your defense. What are you going to do when the dog is unable to defend you, surrender and hope for the best. Can you trust criminals with your well being, your life or the respect of your wife's or daughters or little children's bodies?

A dog is a good warning alarm, a good deterrent for an unarmed criminal and a bit of a challenge for an armed criminal. My dog wasn't trained to kill or attack and fight with armed humans like police dogs or security dogs or military dogs are trained to do on a regular basis. My dog fair very well with an armed intruder and most likely would end severely wounded or dead.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 03-06-2018, 11:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 136 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,148 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,680 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,849 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,915 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 709 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999