Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-11-2018, 06:24 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 11:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 03:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 02:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: It's that more of them are "that way" when they are younger. That's true with drinking as well, and smoking, and driving, running for office, etc. That's why there are age limits. Some younger people can handle things quite well that they are prohibited from doing, but others can't. It's worth it to set these limits, if it saves lives. That's what this is about, and that's what these Y/Z cuspers are saying after their friends were massacred-- even if it means that they themselves could not buy an AR-15 when they get to be 18. They don't want an AR-15; they'd much rather that more young people didn't die because of them.

How about voting and all other adult activities? How about senior citizens like you and Dave and Nancy P? You and Dave have made a good case for excluding them (yourselves) too. Nancy doesn't seem rational or unbiased enough to be making decisions for me or making decisions that either include me or directly involve me. You don't seem rational enough, educated enough, knowledgeable enough, unbiased enough to be making those kinds of decisions for me either.

The legislature of Florida, and Dick's and other stores, have made the decision about age limits for gun purchases. I and Dave and Nancy P have not had that opportunity yet. I did get to vote for some gun control initiatives in California. I'm glad that one finally passed. And I don't think you are under 21. And I don't think any restrictions on seniors for buying guns would affect me, since I am not buying one. You can support and vote for that if you want; I would happily join you. If you want to exclude seniors you disagree with from voting, that says more about you than about me.

Come to think of it, if we did have a more-general upper age limit for voting, that would help our side a lot! Hey, how about letting those 16-17 year old students saying never again to gun violence be allowed to vote too! They and lots of other older folks are saying how much more mature they are than the "adults" Smile
You and Dave and Nancy will never have the opportunity to rule the United States. I agree that adding more maturity and adding more higher quality people to your side  would help your side a lot.

Well, the point was that if you require upper age limits for voting, so that fewer older people vote, THAT would help our side. Demographics suggest that the more-liberal and more-diverse millennials are becoming a larger share of the electorate, and that might bode well for liberals to rule the United States. Whether that will happen soon enough for the likes of me, Dave and Nancy P to be the rulers, remains to be seen. But white conservatives such as yourself may see their voting power decrease in the years ahead. That may spell the end of unfettered access to military-style weapons like the AR-15.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 03-12-2018, 03:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,164 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,705 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,875 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,285 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 770 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter