Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-12-2018, 08:29 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I can only hope that those young people, and others who voted for Trump who had voted Democratic before, learn that it was Trump who was (and is) crooked, and not Hillary. "Crooked Hillary" was nothing but one of Trump's clever slogans, and nothing more. Meanwhile, it should have been clear, since it was revealed over and over in the campaign, that Trump cheated his customers and workers, swindled people with his fake university, cheated non-profit organizations, sexually assaulted scores of women, and so on, and now it's clear that he colluded with the Russians to spread fake news and steal online information, paid off a prostitute to keep her quiet about his affair with her, fired people to obstruct justice, and so on. And Trump represents "values?"

Red American people may have values, and may care about their work and their families, but its politics has no values except making money at others' expense, blind loyalty to the government when its lies costs thousands of lives, fear of foreigners and immigrants, having military-style guns to assuage fears and the gun lobby, and fake religion that swindles, oppresses and deceives. The Red America side of today's political divide has nothing of value to offer; it's neo-liberal free-market ideology is a fraud that depends on racism and/or greed. 

Blue American values are the core values of America: democracy, liberty and justice for all, respect for diversity and for immigrants who have always made up the population of this nation of immigrants, reluctance to engage in foreign wars, compassion and generosity to those in need, being involved in your community, and willingness to pay taxes to help support it. 

Young people becoming adults today face the results of Red America rule for the past 40 years: lots of personal and national debt, few opportunities to advance, veteran friends or family dead or physically or psychologically maimed in meaningless wars, the danger of being shot on the street or in a building at any time for no reason, an opioid epidemic to escape the pain of Red America, an environment facing ruin, a health care system that bankrupts them, housing prices that make owning a home impossible, a government that cannot function, and an election system severely compromised.

The nation can bind together when the majority accept diversity, prefer peace, participate in and protect democracy, embrace equality and opportunity, know that the environment matters to them, and support a government that is willing to act for the people; and when those who don't accept these real values and prefer fake propaganda instead are in enough of a minority that they are not needed for this new consensus to operate.

I understand that Red America feels threatened by the new America that is becoming more racially diverse, open to gender and sexual preference, tolerant of non traditional religion, willing to reduce our armaments domestically and internationally, embracing other outdoor activities besides hunting, willing to impose taxes to pay for social needs, and so on. 

But Blue America is really no threat to you. It's tax proposals are fair. Diversity has been American all along. Freedom of religion is in our founding documents. Washington counseled against foreign wars. Guns were not military style semi-automatics and were mainly only used in militias, which we have today. 

A blue America will have some hippies and some folks who don't respect their country, the same as today. But it will still have many responsible adults (including some responsible hippies Smile ), who pay taxes and work for a living, and who help those who can't. A blue America will have a health and safety net system that protects you, and not just people different than you. A blue America will be one where its citizens can advance, and not be stuck or fall into poverty. A blue America will have a restored environment where you can still relax at the beach or go for a hike in nature, and not fear that your home will flood or burn down due to climate change. A blue America will have schools, concert halls, shopping centers and offices where you don't have to lock the door, hire guards or do drills to protect yourself from crazies with semi-automatic weapons with large ammunition magazines. A blue America will have working highways you don't have to pay to drive on, and education that doesn't cost a fortune for your children to attend. A blue America will have a health care system that works and doesn't bankrupt you, and which covers preventive and holistic medicine and mental health. A blue America will have a culture that respects and supports the arts again, beautifies and humanizes its cities, restores a living and life-respecting diet, and is not solely dedicated to commerce at any cost.
I'd say red America represents American values today. How many times have blue values ran into direct conflict with core American values? I'd say several times. Dude, I'm not an uneducated peasant or a turn of the century factory worker who existed at the turn of the last century. I'm not an old turn of the century cowboy who is still clinging to his horse or his horse and buggy. You are going to have to be more believable and realistic with your view and selling points in order to convince me that all that will be true. I see a blue America with lots of issues and problems that reds have nothing to do with because reds don't live in blue areas and aren't directly involved in blue politics. How does a blue blame a blue without upsetting a blue and blues associated with the blue and so forth within blue America? Let me guess, the blue opts to blame the reds instead. Does that sound about right? It sure seems to be right based on what I've seen, what I've heard and what I've read over the years. Blue don't blame blues because that could fuck up their unity. Well, if you payed attention to last election primary, the reds aren't like that at all. The reds aren't that concerned about fucking up Red unity. We ain't 4T yet. The Reds are just warming up. I kinda laugh every time a blue opens his/her mouth spouts out something stupid relating to racism or fascism as if America hasn't seen or experienced something related to racism and fascism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 03-13-2018, 12:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 139 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,851 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,928 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999