Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-21-2018, 03:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 02:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: various armed forces of the United States.
How many members of the armed forces view themselves as citizens of the United States (American citizens) first?
Most will.

See for example the article I just posted in let's make fun of Trump, etc. about a former officer who resigned from Fox News. "Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform." he said.

Quote: If we go to war, we will no longer be casual acquaintances on the internet, we will be wartime adversaries  and whatever happens to you in blue territory ain't going to matter to me.
Right

Quote: As far as I'm concerned, the Bloods and Crypts, the Neo-Nazi's, MS-13, radical Islamic groups and other criminal/lawless groups can do whatever they want within blue cities and the Reds can do whatever they want to do within blue states to weaken the power of blue state(s) while a war of attrition is being fought all over the map.

ha ha. "the Bloods and Crypts, the Neo-Nazi's, MS-13, radical Islamic groups and other criminal/lawless groups" ARE the Red groups, and if they do "whatever they want," they will be arrested or otherwise dealt with. Yes, the Reds will do what they can, but they will be defeated by the superior forces of the USA. I expect the gun fanatics, tax cheaters, religious wackos, xenophobes, racists and other red rebels will be a distinct minority; most Americans will continue to accept the rule of law, including sensible gun regulations, sensible immigration policies and reasonable taxes and social programs. Red American terrorists will be dealt with in the same way that the USA deals with terrorists today.

Myself, and I suspect I speak for many blues, the reds may very well be welcome this time (unlike your predecessors, the grays) to secede, and if you develop an alternative group of red states, you are welcome to them, as long as you don't impose your red rule over the blue territories, including if WE should be the ones who decide to secede from you guys (should my prophecy be wrong and you continue to rule the USA as you do now).

I suspect the only deterrent to this policy on our part, is what you guys will do with the natural treasures in red territories. I suspect they would be despoiled rather quickly, and that you would contribute mightily to global warming with no willingness to change. So that remains an obstacle to allowing reds to secede, just as allowing slavery was in the end not acceptable to the blues in 1861-1865. I don't know if blues today would be willing to fight you guys over this environmental issue or not, though. It depends on how stiff your resistance is, I imagine. But if you want to continue to kill yourselves off with guns, that should be OK, as long as we have stiff border controls to keep them out of blue territory.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 03-21-2018, 07:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,716 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,354 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter