Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-25-2018, 01:11 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 05:53 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Al Gore was an heir to an old slave owner. Rockefeller was an heir to an old robber baron. Kennedy was an heir of an old bootlegger. Virgil Saari was an owner of a piece of land that had been passed on/down from generation to generation. I didn't speak with him much at the time. We both lived Minnesota and we only spoke about stuff going on in Minnesota at the time. I'm familiar with the area that he lived. As I recall, he was into selling cattle.

Yep.  What was once acceptable now is not.  The fathers thought much differently than the sons.  Monarchy, slavery, and pollution were once acceptable, a normal part of doing business.  It is the role of the reds to be behind the curve, to not see the need for change.

(03-24-2018, 05:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm not going to get into it with you on Global warming. I view global warming as an issue that's pretty much out of our control at this point. We can change some things now but whatever we do now will have little to no impact on the negative effects caused global warming. We've done our part. It's time for countries like India and China to do their part. China is pumping out raw coal fumes like we did during the 50- 60's and you're bitching at us like its our fault.

I see China and India as burning and spreading health care problems as well as global warming and global dimming.  It is only a matter of time before they start putting scrubbers on smokestacks as the West did to ease the health problems.  That will ease global dimming considerably and be a last straw on the global warming side.  Global dimming is currently putting breaks on global warming.  It will not be there forever.  I anticipate something like that will be necessary before the youngsters will pressure the decision makers to begin to act fully.  Ecological values will force the reds to get out of blame everyone but ourselves mode finally.
What makes you think blues are supposed to be the ones ahead of the curve? I don't view blues as being ahead of the curve. I view blues as being behind the curve as far as most issues go and issues associated with making a decision to place the cart in front of horse. Blues are still clinging to command and control systems and rigid organizational/bureaucratic structures of old (the industrial age).

Look at your party, is your party the party of ancient Rome with Caesar and a group of Senators (a top down system) making decisions for all people.The party of jolly old England loaded with urban socialites acting like aristocrat's of old. The party of jolly old blue Hollywood, a group of American car manufacturers, a small group of health insurance companies/providers, a small group of big banks, a small group of financial investment firms, a small group of local unions, a small group of government related employees, a group of larger unions primarily related to them. I look at the Democratic system, I see all kinds of similarities with reactionary systems of old ranging from the old Romans to the old Soviets including the Catholic church. The American system of governance wasn't set up to be like any of them.

Not so. The command and control systems in this country are the corporations. The bosses are the ones in control of our top-down system, and that extends to most non-profits and family-owned and smaller businesses as well. Just like Donald Trump so famously does, they hire and fire you, tell what to do on the job, and set your wages and benefits. Meanwhile, traditional religions keeps male adults in power at home too. The government, on the other hand, has its locus of power in the voters, even though the real command and control system (the wealthy, the church and the corporations) wield outsized influence in the government and are able to deceive the red voters into supporting them and their top-down trickle-down policies. 

But the people can and will take their government back in the 2020s. When it acts for the people, the government's command structure acts to control the excesses of the bosses. The bosses complain that this infringes on their "freedom." Deceived red voters believe this tempting tripe. The red politicians promise them lower taxes and traditional values, and the red voters swallow the bait.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 03-25-2018, 07:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,179 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,714 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,897 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,349 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,097 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter