Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(04-17-2018, 05:22 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 11:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 02:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 03:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

A future leader!

Another idiot who doesn't understand that the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of AMERICAN voters ( 66 million for sure). What blues decide as far as their 2nd Amendment rights will be left for the blues to decide themselves. What monuments blues decide are relevant to them and their future will be left to them to decide among themselves as well. The blues should have about 5-10 years to figure out what's valuable to them and what's not before the violence and the chaos begins separating the country.

It may be, that if you reds continue to resist sensible gun control, the blues and most Americans along with them will go for confiscation and repeal of the 2A, and rebels who resist this will suffer the fate of the branch Davidians at Waco. We are a long way from there yet; students like Matt Post who is in the video here, and David Hogg especially, point out that they still favor the 2nd Amendment, perhaps even the Bush Court's Heller ruling. What is amazing is how you reds and those who troll on you tube, facebook and twitter ignore what they say, and lie and declare that these students and other gun control advocates want to take your rights away. The Second Amendment does not guarantee a right to bear arms to anyone who wants one, or any kind of gun.

Unless you want your "right" to a semi-automatic weapons of war that load more than 10 or many more bullets at a time and shoots them several times a second, or unless you want adjudicated mentally ill people and convicted criminals and terrorists to have a "right" to have these and other guns, then you should not worry about or oppose these purple (maybe not even blue) young people and others (often gun-owners themselves like Gov. McAuliffe) who want gun control.

I agree with your timing though. Blues are ascendant now, and will probably take over the government sometime between 2020 and 2024, perhaps in stages starting this year when they take the House, and blues will have until about 2025-26 to decide, propose and negotiate the things we want. Then violence and chaos could separate the country. But my estimate is that if the blues or otherwise generally-progressive elements are in charge, as seems likely, the government will have little trouble quelling most of the rebellion, and states or counties that secede in the mid to later 2020s will probably petition for re-entry. Meanwhile, a more parliamentary or federalized system than we have now may be instituted, and we may have more than two powerful political parties. These times are getting very close now. I hope people are ready mentally and emotionally for the bumpy ride.

Democrats don't understand the horoscope system I propose yet. And many progressives and other sharp observers notice what I notice, that the Democratic candidates being talked about now are not the ones who could defeat Donald Trump, even if many well-known people like Comey declare him unfit. They did this in 2016 and he still won. Trump is a talented speaker and demagogue. He can work a crowd and connect with people. The Democrats must nominate a candidate like McAuliffe or Landrieu who can do this too to defeat him. Otherwise, if the best candidates continue to be ignored, the best we can hope for is a huge congressional sweep that makes Trump a virtual prisoner, convicted felon and ex-president, or irrelevant puppet at best, by January 2023.
I haven't resisted the outlaw of bumper stocks. I haven't resisted strengthening and expanding background checks. How many crazies murdered how many people after passing background checks lately? Several? Dude, I haven't met a blue who I'd trust with a gun or a blue who doesn't appear to have a mental issue/problem of some sort that doesn't impede their judgement. I've yet to meet an immigrant (legal/illegal) that I would trust with having the right to own one either. I'm glad to see that blues are willing to give up their gun rights without a fight.

Good, I don't trust crazy blues with guns either. I am glad too.

Quote:The Democrats can have the house for a couple of years. WTF, who cares? The house can't get anything done other than tax cuts with a slim Republican majority the in charge. I doubt it will get anything done with a slim Democratic majority in charge either. I hope you bring back Pelosi or appoint some other dumb ass liberal who seems as clueless/crazy and associated with cozy blues as her. I think America needs more identity politics and further Russia investigations and more promises of generous spending that working class voters aren't poor enough to get for free or more liberal dumb shit that doesn't matter to potential Trump/ future Republican voters of various colors.

After being blocked and braked for most of your adult life, if not all, I hope that finally the wheels will start moving again and progress will resume in the 2020s. I predict that it will. We can't be super-stagnant forever.

Quote:IMO, the party of the clueless/naive and liberal loonies and cozy blues should be represented by someone of their own vs someone who seems better but who is still under their control. I told a Democrat the other day, the only hope of his beloved party surviving the crisis (the reckoning) that we both know is coming down the road is for the smart Democrats to completely separate from the clueless Democrats and force the clueless to create their own party. My issue with the Republicans is that the Republicans play to tie vs play to win like the Democrats. I didn't achieve the level that I achieved by being nice or playing the game the old Republican way of remaining nice while being viciously attacked and piled on by a bunch of young liberal dick heads. Sorry, but the compassionate conservatives were no match for a bunch of liberal low life's.

I think the Republicans have been mean enough, thank you. Meanwhile, the Democrats have rolled over and played dead for too long. Congressman Dent of PA, a center-right Republican, resigned today and said that the Center is the pragmatic problem solving group between the extremes and is not well represented in congress. I'm all for problem solving, and being practical, although in many cases the progressive wing is just trying to do that, while centrists compromise with the extreme right that predominates today. But sometimes it's good to have representatives who can work across the aisle. People are not always limited to the label that is put on them, and can find solutions that are acceptable, if they look for them.

Young people like David Hogg, if they become lawmakers someday, can work together with others, because they think it's possible. They identify as Americans, not as blues. Extreme right-wing trolls and gun nuts still knock and insult him today anyway, though, with the most obvious and shameless lies conceivable.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 04-17-2018, 07:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 139 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,851 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,928 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999