Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(10-07-2018, 11:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: What we have is one side that is trying as hard as it can to destroy voting rights, human rights, workers rights, consumer rights and environmental rights and to protect big business bullies as fully as possible, and the other side trying in a last-ditch effort to hold on to and expand those rights and keep the bullies at bay. McConnell says that the mob has given him a victory this November, and the polls in Texas and Tennessee seem to bear that out for the moment. What that means, without any question, and demonstrated by his behavior and that of his red supporters and voters, is that protest against an appointment of someone dedicated to destroying all our rights will be suppressed.

There are not two sides here now; there is only one right side. Not because I say so, but because the evidence is unimpeachable that this is so. The red side has forced upon us a sexual predator and a violent lying maniac whose proven record and that of his Court allies is clear evidence and proof of their desire to destroy our democracy and all our rights and values. That could not be more clear, and nothing should obfuscate that, especially any claims about intolerance on MY part Mr. Butler.

I am just stating the unfortunate facts. From here on, it is either fight or flight. The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast. The slow one now will later be fast. And the first one now will later be last, for the times they are a changin'. Classic Xer and his buddies are the enemy. We are in a civil war 4T, and the fight is on. At the ballot box for now, but in the future, who knows. The question now is not whether we can unite as a country and get along. The only question is which side will win. The other side does NOT play nice. They are ruthless. If we play nice, we lose. They have forced their way upon us, just like Kavanaugh when he put his hand over Blasey Ford's mouth. That is exactly what is happening. The reds and their voters are putting their hands over our mouth while they rape us. Should we just let ourselves be crushed?

I don't think we in California can tolerate the reactionaries in DC stomping all over our affairs. But that is what the Kavanaugh SCOTUS will do, you can take that to the bank. We will fight back; we won't take it lying down.
Yes. I'm the enemy and I'm glad to see that you're beginning to see things my way and sense the change of attitude towards those referred to as the blues. I'm on the right side, what side are you on? I'm on the American side, what side are you on? If you play nice, you loose. If you play fair, you loose. If you play dirty, you loose. If you leave it up to democracy, you loose. If you leave it up to the laws of the land to determine, you loose. If you start a fight with America and start attacking US citizens, you loose. You're in a tough spot. Fight or flight position, as you say. Of the two, flight would be viewed as the easier and less painful option that blues would choose for themselves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 10-08-2018, 04:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,163 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,705 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,875 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,283 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 769 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 714 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter