Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(11-15-2018, 03:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 03:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 02:13 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It is a plain fact that Democrats lower the deficit while Republicans increase it. Republicans talk about reducing the debt; then explode it with military spending and tax breaks for those who don't need them on the basis of the false trickle-down theory. It is also a fact the Democrats are in favor of raising taxes to pay for social programs, and Republicans want to increase the deficit so that money won't be spent on those social programs.

The insurance is indeed available to all of us, when it's needed. Admittedly there are still problems with the welfare system, as when incentive to work is taken away when benefits are taken away due to finding employment. But welfare has been so greatly reduced since Reagan and Clinton/Gingrich, that it is now just a scapegoat used as a slogan to persuade heartland folks like you to vote Republican.

The Republicans are dedicated to lowering health care costs paid for by the government payment system, and the effect of this in years past has always been for health care costs paid by everyone to raise through the ceiling. That's why reform was finally attempted in 2009. Only a government run payment program and the large pool of patients that it provides can keep costs down for everyone. If Obamacare raised your costs, it's because the reform didn't go far enough because moderate Democrats like those you could support watered down the reforms in 2009.

I don't claim to know for sure whether the seats that flipped Democratic in 2018 will flip back. The majority were in blue and purple states, so there won't be that many which flip back. As gerrymandering is reduced and the people choose their politicians instead of the reverse, Democrats will gain a lot of seats like they did in CA, AZ and PA when this was done. Whether the Democrats win the presidency in 2020 will depend on whether the Democrats can avoid choosing a loser, but which at the moment they seem intent on doing. I have described this a lot here already. Coattail effects could happen in the congressional elections.
Were the seats in bluer areas or redder areas? ....

I posted the stats on this in the Election 2018 thread, at least regarding how many districts flipped in which colored states. 

Several seats flipped in CA that were on the edge of blue urban/suburban areas. This was true nationwide, according to reports; many suburban college-educated districts flipped blue. In red states, between 6 and 8 urban and suburban areas flipped blue. In Texas, a mostly-rural district with border-with-Mexico towns is still barely Republican pending a recount, and hasn't been called. Two other suburban districts there flipped. In Georgia one suburban Atlanta district flipped that had held on in a recent special election, and another one there is not called yet in which a Republican is leading by 100 votes. In Florida, two districts flipped in the extreme south of the state. In PA, 4 seats flipped blue and one red because gerrymandering ended and the voters could choose their politicians instead of Republican politicians choosing their voters. Iowa flipped two seats, Virginia 3 and New Jersey 4. In your state, two seats flipped to red (one in the "mining area") and two to blue.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire state of California ends up blue. But then again, I'm not going to be surprised when California implodes either and California ends up like Yugoslavia. We need a failed American state that we can effectively use as an example during the 4T. As far as I can see, you're on track to be that state. Right now, you're state is down there with the lowly red state of Mississippi. So, the Democratic gerrymandering that took place in PA worked in the Democrats favor as it was expected. Come on, gerrymandering ain't all that bad as long as it works in the Democrat's favor. How is the Democratic law breaking going in Florida? You have to admit, law breaking ain't all that bad as long as it works in the Democrats favor. Yeah, that's the kind of party that I want to be part of someday. Actually, that's the kind of party, I WANT TO DESTROY.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 11-15-2018, 04:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 138 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,850 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,925 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999