Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(11-15-2018, 11:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: California still has problems. There is still pollution in SoCal, and lack of affordable housing on the coast and homeless people there. Lots of immigrants are hard to educate. But our state government is in the black now, and so are most cities, thanks to high property values and taxes and Gov. Brown's tax increase initiative which the voters passed. Global warming is causing disasters here as everywhere else. Our legislature has a blue supermajority and a blue governor. Still, sometimes they succumb to corporate lobbies and do the wrong things. Paradise is burning; CA is not paradise. CA also still has a heritage left over from not-that-many years ago of Republican mis-rule. But I'm fairly confident that CA will often do the right things. CA doesn't always like to pay high taxes though, so free spending by politicians might not go over here, as it didn't in 2003.

Gerrymandering was practiced by both parties in the past, although the GOP took it to unprecedented levels in 2011, but the new reforms are not gerrymandering. Red voters can only see from their own perspective, and what's good for themselves individually. They can't see beyond their nose, and yet are confident they are right. They are hooked on their party and their ideologies, probably beyond all hope, as you seem to be. Otherwise, you could tell a reform from a partisan gerrymander, and a legal recount from law-breaking, but you can't. CA has at least 3/4 Democratic representatives in congress now, and Pennsylvania is back to majority blue, because the voters voted for this. Former red state AZ has a blue majority in congress now (and a blue senator) after gerrymandering was outlawed there too. The more gerrymandering is removed in blue and purple states and many red states, and districting by politicians is replaced with independent commissions, the more Democratic their representatives will be. At least for a while. It has taken a strong majority vote nationally in order for Democrats to make any gains. Once reforms are in place, the national vote will be more reflective of the strength of the parties in congress.
Dude, I actually was looking it at both ways or looking at it objectively and taking both perspectives into account. You forget, I'm not a Republican or a political activist or someone connected with the conservative movement. I'm a independent voter who tends to vote Republican these days. OK, let me get this straight, when the Republicans gerrymander districts in their favor it's gerrymandering which is bad. But, when the Democrats of Pennsylvania do it, it's reform which ain't bad or the same thing in your opinion and the opinion of most Democrats. OK. You're either stupid for taking that position with me or you're stupid for thinking I'm not smart enough to view it as bullshit. I don't like you Eric and you better pray that I'm not the one who you find yourself reliant upon for survive. PB has an excuse for his issue with lack of reasoning and his inability to recognize obvious signs the he should pick up on when communicating with another human of equal or greater standing when it comes to knowledge and ACTUAL use of intelligence and common sense.

How do we get the blues into one boat? We allow the blues to continue what their doing in their areas and gradually begin changing laws/ ignoring federal laws in our areas and leave it to nature to take it's coarse. I agree, California almost all blue these days. I saw that a Democratic Senator defeated her Democratic opponent and kept the seat in the hands of the Democratic Party. Tell her good job. How long do you think it will be before New York and the northeast are the same way as California with Democrats running against Democrats for Senate seats? How long do you think it will be before middle America decides they'd better off on their own vs being ruled by those regions? Like I said, war can be avoided by simply giving us our flag and our Constitution. Well, you keep opening those arms to immigrants and the immigrants we'll be sending your way and don't forget to allow the immigrants who are on their way there now. I think Trump should say fuck it, and let them enter California by the thousands/millions. I'd even suggest that he should bull doze your wall. I mean, who cares, California is damn near all blue and it's only going to be blues who are going to be hurt or destroyed by the overwhelming population increase and all the costs associated with them. Shit, at least the American Indians fought for their lands.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 11-16-2018, 01:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 139 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,149 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,681 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,851 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,928 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,925 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 710 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999