Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
You and your fellow reds, of which you are a good representative here (and I'm glad for that), don't think people should get medicaid if they are poor. You don't think healthcare is a right. But the Declaration of Independence which is the birth document of our country says people have a right to life. That means they have a right to health care. If some people don't pay for it, then it is just another form of insurance that would be made available to you if need be. And whether you realize it or not, you need that insurance. Your business might go belly up if your politicians and the business tycoons you respect cause another depression. Those who are employees can be fired or laid off at any time. Not to mention the disasters that are increasing at great pace thanks to the climate change that your politicians and tycoons have imposed upon us, and which could wipe out you and your fellow reds at any time. You are proud of your self-reliance, and you don't want to admit you might need help someday.

The facts are well known that the "red" people go to church more often, as well as more of them are believers. Many blues like me believe in God and go to church too, as well as many of us who don't; but we don't think our church should be imposing its outdated moral doctrines and dogmas on the rest of us, and your red guys do precisely that.

As for war, the Democratic Party used to be the war party, but alignments changed in the sixties because of the American war in Vietnam, so now Democrats are predominantly the peace party, and the record on that is clear. But the reds of the USA still want to kill unbelievers for Christ, just as Muslim and other fanatics do. But I agree that Nazis and Commies were largely godless; Materialism is no guarantee of peace and ethics, just as dogmatic religion is not.

You overestimate the extent to which the people in the red and purple areas agree with you, and you claim that you guys are the real Americans and we blues are guests. But just as Beto said while campaigning against Cruz said, the people don't have to settle for the old Texas values; many of them have new liberal values. And he campaigned on those, and got within 2.6% of the majority vote in a red state. Younger people and those who have parents from abroad are becoming a new America. You might say that immigrants and youth are not real 'mericans, but you might not win the vote on that. In CA and other blue states they have already lost that vote, and some states are getting more blue too. Will the people make progress, and live up to the highest American ideals, as Beto invited people to do, or will they go back to the cynical and stingy, fearful ways of your older heartland whites-only America that Ted Cruz advocates? Time will tell.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 11-16-2018, 01:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,171 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,708 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,154 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,879 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,319 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,930 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter