Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(11-16-2018, 12:29 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 10:12 AM)David Horn Wrote: The real money spent by government goes to three places: entitlements, which are earned benefits paid in advance by the recipients of the benefits like any other insurance benefits, military and security spending, and interest on the debt.  If you take the time to see how they are structured, you'll see that most are intended to enrich the rich and not the "people primarily associated with the Democrats".

I know what you did to earn your retirement benefits. You did the same thing I've been doing since I was 16 years old and able to drive legally. I'm not talking about those benefits or the people receiving those benefits. I'm talking about the people who are receiving free healthcare. I'm talking about the people who are receiving free daycare. I'm talking about the people who are living in subsidized housing. I'm talking about the people we're not supposed to talk about these days.

And who are these despicable people? The largest single group are children, but let's ignore that for a minute. The second largest group are the elderly, mostly retirees with health problems that have impoverished them. The third largest group are the non-elderly disabled, many with diseases that can't even be managed well, to say nothing of actually cured. In short they're screwed. Now back to the children, they are typically in the foster system, and the subsidies allow foster families to raise them. If you eliminate that option, then plan on opening a crap-load of orphanages. Which brings us to the smallest group by far: the able adults. Almost all of them collect some form of benefit for just long enough to get on their feet -- a few months to a year. They then rejoin the earning class, paying taxes to reimburse the benefits they received earlier. The only exception is Medicaid, which supports the elderly poor and children. Also included are low-earning adults -- because the alternative is having them clogging the ER of every hospital. Much of this could be fixed with a rational minimum wage law.

Classic-Xer Wrote:I'm going to give some information about Republican voters. The majority of the Republican voters are about as religious as you, Bob and PB. The majority of them don't go to church on a regular basis. The majority of them don't pay much attention to what Evangelicals have to say and don't listen religious radio stations and so forth. However, the bulk of them are firm believers in God and have a strong faith in God. Now God ain't quite the same as Jesus, God can be unsympathetic and down right mean. Any hoo, if you and I were to meet on a battlefield, you're adversary wouldn't be worried about what Jesus thinks or how Jesus feels and so forth. Of coarse, if we were to meet on a battlefield, your association with evil would already be determined and proven beyond all doubt. So the killing, you're killing and so forth would be justified and sanctioned by both Jesus and God. Japan was largely a Godless world. Nazi Germany was largely a Godless world. Both were leveled and bombed without mercy by the American right with the assistance of the American left ( The Democratic party). The American has always been the force for freedom in this country. The American right has always been force for the defense of freedom in this country. You have been given a glimpse as to how large the American right is in this country because the American right showed up in force during the 2016 election. Think about this, there are 60 some million members of the American right that both parties have little influence and no control over at this time in American history. Do you really want to fuck with that at this point of our history? I don't think it would be wise knowing who those people are and how much power and money they can bring to bare and topple a blue regime or several blue regimes that are dotted across the country? Would the American right do it? Yes, it would do it just like it has done it before in the past. The far left are more or less viewed as guests in our country. BTW, I think your leadership understands this but you wouldn't think so by the way they talk.  A  few moves and Nancy P would be a poor woman with no power what so ever and she would most likely prefer to  kill herself than accept living out her life in a tent like her poorest subjects are doing right now. Queen Hilary was defeated by the American right alone with hardly any  support from the GOP. Yes, the GOP are in trouble. Yes, the GOP have an issue with the American right. Yes, the Republican party has things to think about in regards to the minor loss it took in the  the house and the Democratic fill ins who are occupying Republican seats that were lost by weak candidates or uglier candidates. I have to say, Seneca is a very attractive woman.

I left this entire quote in place because, frankly, I don't' understand it at all. America is not some anointed nation sent into the world to do good. What good we do is based on the good will of Americans, not some god-force coursing through our veins. But we are also capable of much ill, and the Right is the source of more ill than any other. Where we are we have been before. Today's Right is similar to the Know Nothings of the 1850s -- unwilling to know the bad because it might force them to address it. I'm not a Cassandra, because I can't say I see the future, but I can see the past. It didn't go well last time, and another ACW, of whatever shape or form, is no panacea for anything.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by David Horn - 11-17-2018, 09:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,179 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,713 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,894 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,337 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 750 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,092 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter