Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(11-16-2018, 04:42 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 08:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: ... The Heartland Dem's gave you a breath of life but they turn out to be no better or no more capable or independent than the Democrats who were replaced by Republicans during the Obama years, you can expect those seats to go back to the Republicans in two years and you can expect to see Republicans who are more devoted to actually lowering the cost of healthcare for everyone who is actually PAYING FOR IT vs continuing providing it for those who are getting it for free. I don't get into playing fools games that liberals seem content with playing which is why I don't get into the Democratic party, don't get into to it's politics and don't even consider voting Democratic these days.

BTW, it's not that we forget, it's that we tend to ignore it because we understand the relationship between the blues and the systems that so many are now reliant upon these days. You see, we don't have and are not entitled to receive the so-called insurance that you often claim to be equally beneficial/ available for all of us.

OK, so your real issue is being screwed-over with crappy insurance (ACA) that's worse than the crappy insurance (Medicaid) supplied to the poor.  To an extent, it's worked that way because the opposition (GOP) made sure it does, yet your expected solution is better-cheaper private insurance that the GOP will miraculously provide.  Ain't happening!  The simple reason: healthcare is expensive, so someone has to pay for it.  Everyone can get sick or injured.  Running the system through private providers and private insurance makes it even more expensive.  So the only insurance you'll be getting that's cheap is insurance that covers healthy people … until they get sick.  Nothing will get you destitute faster than a major illness and insurance with low caps and no guarantees of future coverage.  

BTW, even the uninsured receive healthcare, typically through the emergency room -- the most expensive kind.  Hospitals can't say no; it's a law of long standing.  So leaving the poor to die on the streets isn't an answer either.  The only real answer involves a single payer (or single provider) that can negotiate on behalf of everyone and hold prices down.  I don't see your friends in the GOP going for that.  It would crimp the pockets of the healthcare, drug and insurance companies that pay to keep them in office.  It will be a miracle if the Dems can do it, and they favor it by overwhelming margins.
My issue was cost back then and my issue is cost today.  My issue wasn't needing it or wanting it for my self at the time. Well, the wants & needs were addressed but the cost wasn't really addressed. I knew that would happen. I knew the the blues would focus on primarily serving themselves, their interests and their political needs because that's blues do when their in power. The blues ain't much different than Bolshevik's, Nazi's, Marxists, Leninist's who proceeded them. The only difference is the country and the American system that's in place that they currently reside in. A country with a strong American right (a strong faith in the American Constitution and the American flag and Americans in general) that no other country on the planet seems to have around at this time.

Yes, there is a risk of getting really sick or seriously injured or being diagnosed with a debilitating disease and not having insurance with a large enough cap to cover all the medical costs that causes a loss of insurance which makes you no longer able to be insured. I'm aware of that, it almost happened to a friends wife and would have happened to another friend as well. However, the risk of it is relatively small and the number of people it happens to is relatively a small number as well. Well, that can be addressed relatively easy without substantially impacting the cost of insurance and the policy's of everyone else. The government could offer a supplemental or add a special supplemental policy to medicare that costs less than a percent for everyone and pass a law that makes relatively cheap supplemental policies available in the market. Blues always think big and prefer to see or make big changes and tend to support big government related ideas when issue and the solution should/could be addressed with or requires small changes and relatively minor costs or added expenses.

Hint: This is the reason the liberal Democrats are going to find/ finding themselves being ignored by Heartland Democrats as they tend to business as they should/have to instead of allowing themselves to be corralled or bought off by the Peloci/Sanders wing. Like I've said, my goal would not be to keep an entire nation together. My goal would be to keep bulk of it together and I'd be willing to let go or part with some of it.

Reds don't cling, reds accept realities and are willing to let go and move on. I keep hearing about the reactionary Reds as I'm watching reactionary Blues going nuts over Trump, going nuts over the Supreme Court judges that he's picked and going nuts over the way he's managing the economy and the way he's changing trade deals and he's sticking to delivering the promises that he made to those who supported him exclusively and clinging to their programs and their mostly government funded economic system.

Now, if the lady who was elected by independent woman who's issues are the same as mine with healthcare ( it's the cost of healthcare stupid) delivers of her promise to them, I might reward her with a couple more years of employment as a Democratic politician. However, if she fails ir allows herself to be drawn in or tied up with the liberal shit. I will support the Republican woman/male with some political experience who has no financial ties to the healthcare industry that will unseat her in 2020. Hint: The guys and gals who voted for Trump stayed home or went deer hunting or went some place else because their guy is in the White House and the liberals are now pretty much contained. However, they'll  be back in force to support their guy again in 2020 and they won't be voting liberal because they hate the liberals more than me.

THIS NATIONAL ELECTION WAS PRETTY MUCH MEANINGLESS TO ME. The only race that really mattered to me was the race for attorney general of Minnesota. I had to come back home and vote against the SJW who was running for the seat despite all the accusations and despite a documented history of roughing up girlfriends. I guess if you're a black SWJ, a powerful blue Congressman and a Muslim from Minneapolis to boot, you get a pass on being associated with actually doing that shit. Sorry, I have to laugh. However, if I ever run into that fucking Senator of mine, she is going to treated an earful and be treated with no respect but I view her as a piece of shit human being.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 11-17-2018, 07:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,716 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,354 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter