Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(11-20-2018, 09:35 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 02:55 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 12:15 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Another point, is that Kavanaugh portrayed HIMSELF as a horrible person, by the way he behaved, and so did the Republican senators who defended him. This circus should have caused more people to vote Democratic. While it may have done so, a little bit, in the blue states, as part of the 38-seat turnover in the House, in the red states the loonies voted to put more loony Republicans in the senate, rewarding Kavanaugh and the loonies already there for their horrible behavior with 2 more seats. It's like giving more candy to a crying baby.

A horrible person like myself would have completely flipped it around and began persecuting Amy Klobuchar and the black dude and Hispanic chick who didn't seem to know what country they live in or the basic laws and the Constitutional that relate to the country that they claim to be associated with but are some how still unable to relate with most of it.

I notice an attempt to develop some style. A little self-effacing humor. That is very American -- especially Silent. That sort of humor is heavily fossilized now.

Kavanaugh inappropriately accused Amy Klobuchar of being a problem drinker by asking the impertinent question, to effect "Isn't everybody?"

"Dude" and "chick" reduce people to their sexuality, so avoid using them in a professional context or relating them to a professional context unless they are in fact used. Formalities matter greatly in the Senate, where people are not identified as "the black dude (from New Jersey)" or the "Hispanic chick". I don't know of any Hispanic females in the Senate. Biracial Americans like Cory Booker and Kamala Harris are Americans in ways that I am not.

Parts of America are difficult for many Americans to relate to. If I am in Appalachia I am obviously a tourist. Its cultural norms are foreign to me.
Well, the black dude from New Jersey and the Hispanic chick from California and the Caucasian chick from Minnesota are supposed to be members of a political wing of a national party that no longer views issues or judges people or makes their decisions on the basis of ones race or gender. The Silents had class and got away with it by doing it with class. Well, we've moved beyond that as a society. Class no longer matters, the tolerance of society pertaining to what is viewed as acceptable or willing to live with has greatly increased to the point that just about anything goes these day. The social protections that women once grew up and learned to understand and learned take advantage of or enjoyed as women are disappearing and women are no longer being judged on the basis of their gender. Unfortunately, Amy Klobuchar ain't quite up to par with me or my values and if we were to ever meet she'd find out how far she was/is behind ordinary purples (men and women alike) like me. Bob doesn't seem to understand that there's two groups of progressives, a blue group that's fighting like crazy to protect itself and the systems they use to control and a reddish group who is working to break the cycles that has been trapping people and holding people back for years. BTW, according to you and your views of those who live in your area and view of those around you, you live in a poor God forsaken place like Appalachia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 11-20-2018, 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,180 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,721 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,899 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,361 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 772 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 715 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 751 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter