Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(12-04-2018, 10:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 11:20 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Just a reminder:

[Image: th?id=OIP.FOQzaESnVpuyqB-KT3JoZgHaFc&w=2...=5&pid=1.7]

Greetings from KZ-Lager Buchenwald! Jedem das Seine -- German for "to each his own", and in Nazi doublespeak, unspeakable horror to anyone deemed a pariah for his ethical values, disability, or 'race'. Nazi antisemitism was nearly-pure racism.

If someone does something inexplicably and inexcusably horrible to others, then that person does not want me as a witness. The sort of social order that does such things usually does not have legitimate authorities to which I might turn, but if revolution is not a viable solution I might have to bide my time until the system implodes or another political order overthrows the one in charge and exacts an accounting. Criminality deserves no loyalty, and anyone who tries to use patriotism as a cover for a horrible crime transforms national loyalty into something sick.

Human life is precious unless it becomes a danger (putting others at risk of death and crippling injury) to others, which explains why civilized societies have courts of law to determine objective justice and prisons and even gallows to express what is objective justice. Human life is precious in general or your life will be miserable in the end.

There's a more accurate translation/ interpretation of that that you may have missed, “To Each what They are Due". My advice, don't believe everything that the modern progressives have to say about us or the working voters who supported Trump and you won't end up going down with them. I wonder how many Jews would have willingly entered those gates had they been able to read it on their way in vs reading it after the gates where closed behind them.

Are you familiar with George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four? Do you know what Newspeak means? In Orwell's nightmare, words themselves become lies. Communication becomes worthless, and the very structure of independent thought -- the language that people think that they know becomes useless for thought. Newspeak describes just as well what Nazis did with language as did the Soviets, except that the Soviets coined barbarous compounds like agitprop and sovnarkom (Soviet people's commissar).

With such systematic liars as the Nazis, words mean nothing. "Protective custody" doesn't mean that the police relocate someone from danger from mob violence to a place of safety, but instead jails him so that the people can be protected from contact with him. "Special treatment", far from being a privilege, meant "summary execution". "Resettlement" meant removing Jews from places in which murdering them would be inconvenient to places in which nobody could stop their murder.  To this day we are careful to avoid using the phrase "final solution" because it has come to mean the destruction of the Jews. You probably do not want to get me to lecture you on the difference between a literal meaning of Arbeit Macht Frei
(work makes one free) and the reality of slavery or extermination for inmates of other Nazi camps. Buchenwald was different from the others in its choice of slogans.
You need to learn some more about the Holocaust. Jews were made steadily more helpless by limiting their expression, separating them from the rest of the people so that people would not take pity upon them, taking away any possible defenses (guns and even pet dogs), and eventually herding them like livestock to the concentration and extermination camps. Jews kept believing that things would get better because they couldn't get worse and that was demanded of them didn't seem unusual (like "Undress before you take a shower) -- until someone cast Zyklon-B into the fake shower. When was it too late? Long before Jews arrived at the ramp for "selection". "Left" to swift death in a gas chamber or "right" to toil under starvation rations calculated to cause one to die of a combination of hunger and overwork.  Jews were allowed the luxury of wishful thinking until they got a whiff of hydrogen  cyanide gas.

With creeps like Nazis completely untrustworthy with objective fact and the usual expression of such, their words mean what those creeps do and not what most of us think that those words mean. A bare minimum of integrity is that people use words precisely, which precludes even the milder forms of deceit (thus no "healthy forests" that means clear-cutting forests so that no trees remain, which was Dubya).

It is you who needs to be  wary of what a would-be despot or dictator says -- to not believe an inveterate liar like Donald Trump or one of his appointed spokesmen says. (OK, strictly speaking, Sarah Huckabee Sanders is female, but you get the idea -- I hope).

I have been hurt less by Donald Trump than many who supported him. I have some idea of what he is up to. I have read about demagogues like him who play up resentments among people in economic distress or who believe that their culture is under assault. He will protect them if only they give up their freedom and their prosperity.

As a wise man  (Benjamin Franklin) said at the time of the American Revolution:

Quote:Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

The more dangerous the time, the more relevant becomes the wisdom of the truly great people of the American past.  "Safety" means certainty of one's privileged role in society (such as "I am white and I deserve my white privilege"), a reliable income, fitting into a culture made for oneself but not for everyone else, or self-delusion.

You need to give up the idea that Do0nald Trump is your political ally. In view of his virulent, venomous, vituperative, vehement expressions of villainous vindictiveness (Yes, I saw V for Vendetta), I would be wary. He can turn on a dime and turn his anger to what used to be friends. His ethical values are those of a mobster.

I am old enough that the biggest fear of getting old is the stale life that I now endure. The second biggest fear that I have is of eternal damnation. All that I fear of death is the excruciating pain of most ways of dying -- and what lies beyond. I am not giving my soul to Donald Trump's false god Mammon.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by pbrower2a - 12-04-2018, 11:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Passport,Driver License,Age & ID Card,(Whatsapp:.......: +1 (551) 239-2904) Visas huunnjh655 0 134 03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: huunnjh655
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 41 02-22-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: dominicadomi
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,148 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,679 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,849 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,903 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 765 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,924 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 708 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999